Sync Error - Bug - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-02-2019, 06:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

Sync Error - Bug

IOS Version 3.3.4 Build 1757

The phone quit syncing for several months and then started syncing for a couple of months and then quit syncing again.

The error message on the vehicle log list is "Errors, unable to sync"
When I go to the detail for the Fuelup the message is "Errors Unable to sync this fuelup. Make sure it has a valid fuel amount and odometer/trip length and try again."

All the numeric values checked out. Exported the file to a .csv and everything was correct.

However I notice the following - Payment Method was blank.
Added a payment method and the record synced.

SOLUTION ---- ALWAYS ADD PAYMENT METHOD

Additionally-
I start reviewing the records
I notice that I have some synced records that synced if the Payment Method AND Fuel Brand Entry were blank.

After doing additional checking it appears that if either the Fuel Brand or Location is used, the payment method must be entered or a sync error results.

So it appears that there is some bogus error checking going on.
At least I hope this is a bug and not by design. I (nor my non-technical spouse who uses the iphone) see no reason that a payment method or location info MUST be entered.

smking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:44 PM   #2
Registered Member

I was going to enter a service I had done a few days ago. I had started it and needed to edit it, so I went to the log. I noticed I had 3 sync errors and I couldn't edit them to fix them. I tried syncing with the app- and poof everything I thought I had backed up for the past 3 years is gone.
We have a second car on my account, and all the info for that car is still there.
Anyone have any suggestions?

shelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:47 PM   #3
Registered Member

Sync Error on hundreds of fuelups!

smking, your logic is correct. After testing your theory, I have the same issue. I'm trying to make the jump from GC Free to the (newer) Fuelly app, and I've never had sync turned on. Now that I do, I get errors on EVERY fuelup!! Hundreds of them. I've been using this app for many years, and I NEVER have used the payment method field, but I (almost) ALWAYS use the Brand field, so I'm basically screwed. Not a single one of my HUNDREDS of fuelup entries will sync.
To make matters worse, it appears that since all of my data is in GC Free 3.1.12 (build 1237), and the app is not on the app store to even be updated, there's probably not even a way to fix my data and get it into Fuelly's website or app since it won't sync.
I DID export before doing anything, so I may have to manually upload that CSV into the website, but I'm not really very hopeful that it'll work well.

Any Fuelly reps care to comment on this? Any suggestions?
bigfry is offline   Reply With Quote