Sync won't confirm - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2015, 09:22 PM   #51
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesa View Post
I restored my iPhone 6s as new and the account would not confirm. I tried the solution in the following thread "Sync won't confirm" I capitalized the first letter in my email address and hit send again and it gave a message that account was already confirmed and then I was able to sync
Excellent!

----

For those of you following this thread (I've merged the 2 separate threads regarding the same issue)-
If you have NOT received an email from me today (I'm pretty sure I messaged everyone who had messaged the Help Desk previously) either shoot me another message to support@fuelly.com or the gist of what I sent was:
Quote:
While I cannot promise this will 100% resolve the issue for everyone, it has been brought to our attention by other users that simply capitalizing the first letter of your email address has “magically” fixed the bug and allowed sync to perform. Ex: What you’ve entered so far: “yourname@email.com” and what you should try changing it to: “Yourname@email.com”. If that doesn’t work, you may try playing with the capitalization and lowercase letters (like changing back to all lowercase after adding a capital letter before).
Based on the responses I've received via email, on here, and on Twitter, this seems like a solid work-around for the time being.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:35 AM   #52
Registered Member

I had the sama problem. Support sugested to me to set the first leter of my email to CAPITAL (from grjg@ to Grjg@) and it worked. My Iphone and my Ipad sync data after the change. The change must be don on the device that is #2 (calkbord).
Best, GRJG

grjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:14 AM   #53
Registered Member

Capitalization works!

Same issue here, and as grjg (and others) reported, capitalizing the first letter of my e-mail address works! Data is all there now.

What a strange workaround...but glad it's effective.
coffeebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #54
Registered Member

Changing the first letter to a capital letter allowed Gas Cubby Sync on new device

Upgraded from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6S.
Sync didn't work, I couldn't get past the "This email is pending confirmation" screen.
Changing the first character in my email address from "d" to "D" got past the screen, the data synced immediately. 4 cars and service records in Gas Cubby going back to 2013 popped up right away with no loss of data. (Running Version 9.0.2)

Thanks!
DougP1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:44 PM   #55
Registered Member

Finally got a reply with this workaround, and it worked. Simply capitalizing the first letter of your email address has “magically” fixed the bug and allowed sync to perform.
I have my data back in Gas Cubby now, thanks.
comphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:59 AM   #56
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfinberg View Post
I was having the same problem. I got a notification email that I had accepted, but the app still didn't recognize the account as registered on the second device. I'd restarted, checking for spaces, closed the app, etc.

What did magically work was changing the capitalization of the email address to exactly match that used on the first device. As soon as I changed it, the device recognized that it was registered and synced. So something else people might look for.
Thank you Sir, Worked.
nerdkmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:21 AM   #57
Registered Member

The option to set the first letter of my name to upper case worked for me. Thank you for the great responses everyone!
mgcantero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:58 PM   #58
Registered Member

No Account Gas Cubb

Upgraded from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5S.
I had the same problem. Changing the first character in my email "k" to "K".
Now sync is OK.
kroupat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #59
Registered Member

Glad to say the capital at the front of the email worked but the icon is still a blank on the iPad. What's the news with the update / upgrade to eliminate that ?
MarkA1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:46 AM   #60
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA1388 View Post
Glad to say the capital at the front of the email worked but the icon is still a blank on the iPad. What's the news with the update / upgrade to eliminate that ?
Have you tried a fresh install? I was under the impression that had been resolved months ago. Please let me know if it remains after a complete reinstall of GasTracker.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas cubby, support, sync