Transfer Gas Cubby Free Data to Gas Cubby 3.0 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

Transfer Gas Cubby Free Data to Gas Cubby 3.0

I have Gas Cubby Free for several years. I purchased Gas Cubby 3.0. I have tried to use the "Send Data to Gas Cubby" button, but it does not recognize that I have Gas Cubby 3.0. How do I transfer my data? Please

prayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:47 PM   #2
Site Team

At this time it's not possible to transfer to Gas Cubby (paid) 3.0. We will be launching Gas Cubby 3.0 for the free users here in near future once more issues have been resolved. At that time the only difference will be that Gas Cubby free has ads and Gas Cubby (paid) does not have ads. Once you have upgraded your free version from 2.7 Free to 3.0 free and sync with Fuelly you will be able to simply log in under the paid version and confirm your data is there (it will be synced down from the Fuelly server). Once confirmed you can simply delete the old free app and move on using the paid app from that point forward.

Thanks for your patience while we help support our paid customers. Once that settles down we will do the free upgrade.

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:54 AM   #3
Registered Member

andyrobo - thanks for the information as this was starting to frustrate me as well. Do you anticipate getting to the "free" version work yet this year?
savednsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 06:59 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by savednsure View Post
andyrobo - thanks for the information as this was starting to frustrate me as well. Do you anticipate getting to the "free" version work yet this year?
Yes, it's not too far away.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:15 PM   #5
Registered Member

Angry Too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrobo View Post
At this time it's not possible to transfer to Gas Cubby (paid) 3.0. We will be launching Gas Cubby 3.0 for the free users here in near future once more issues have been resolved. At that time the only difference will be that Gas Cubby free has ads and Gas Cubby (paid) does not have ads. Once you have upgraded your free version from 2.7 Free to 3.0 free and sync with Fuelly you will be able to simply log in under the paid version and confirm your data is there (it will be synced down from the Fuelly server). Once confirmed you can simply delete the old free app and move on using the paid app from that point forward.

Thanks for your patience while we help support our paid customers. Once that settles down we will do the free upgrade.
The perfect reason to return the ad free that was just purchased. =(
raphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:25 AM   #6
Registered Member

Is the update still not far away? I have to change company phone within 2 weeks and I purchased the paid version of Gas Cubby so that I could transfer the data from my Iphone to an Android phone. Do I have other possbilities of saving the data from Gas Cubby Free, so that I can sync at a later stage or am I simply reliant on the upgrade to 3.0?
Thomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:18 PM   #7
Registered Member

Any updates? I've upgraded from the free version that I've been using for almost 5 years (and love it--great product) so I'd be able to sync to a new phone. I now have the paid version on each, but I can't get my data out of my old phone or import from the backup it emailed me. It looks like a fix has been promised for nearly 6 months with nothing yet to materialize.
NittanyRTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:57 AM   #8
Site Team

Please follow these instructions to make the upgrade:

In Gas Cubby 2.7:

Go to Settings – Sync Setup/Login – Enter your email address.

A pop up will indicate that an email titled “App Cubby Data Synchronization Verification” will be sent to you. Please click on the activation link.

After the data synchronization is verified, click on the Sync icon in the lower left.

Next go to Settings – Sync Setup/Login – Save Data Backup then Request Backup Link (the app will likely crash when requesting the link, but you will receive an email with the data back up link)

DO NOT CLICK A RED BUTTON ON THE SETUP/LOGIN PAGE

Open Gas Cubby 3.0 Pro and follow the instructions on how to re-migrate data.
Upgrade Troubleshooting - Missing Data

Do not delete Gas Cubby 2.7 until you have verified that you data has successfully migrated to Gas Cubby 3.0 Pro.

Please let us know if you need additional assistance.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:35 AM   #9
Registered Member

Worked like a champ! Thanks so much.

NittanyRTP is offline   Reply With Quote