Unable To Sync - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-13-2017, 11:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

Unable To Sync

I recently (accidentally) upgraded to the latest v3 of Fuelly. Actually had been quite happy with the old Gas Cubby iOS app, but there's no turning back now. So far, I'm pretty impressed with the new app.

Each time I try to sync, I get a dozens of errors "Unable to sync this fuelup. Make sure it has a valid fuel amount and odomete3r/trip length and try again." The problem is that every single one of my entries is exactly the same, for both cars. I always enter the unit price, quantity (app then accurately calculates total cost from that), odometer, fuel type, fuel brand, date/time and location. I see absolutely no difference between the items that successfully sync and the ones that are giving this error.

Any idea what's going on here?

09KR0058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:08 AM   #2
Site Team

I see several "Event subtype already taken" errors. Do you have any duplicate reminders entered?

EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

By "duplicate reminders", I'm assuming you mean for the same vehicle? I do have a lot of those, but just one per vehicle. For example, replace air filter, rotate tires, oil change, etc. The verbiage for each reminder is the same, but just one for each vehicle. How else would I have, for example, a reminder to rotate tires for vehicle A and another for vehicle B?

Are these causing the sync to fail? If so, that doesn't make any sense.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:17 PM   #4
Site Team

No, that won't make a difference, I was wondering if you had multiples of the same reminder for a single vehicle.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:17 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMY92 View Post
No, that won't make a difference, I was wondering if you had multiples of the same reminder for a single vehicle.
Not that I can find.

Just noticed something interesting. There was an update to the app in the Apple App Store today. Installed that, did a sync and saw that the latest fuelup for one vehicle did sync, but all the rest of them did not, going all the way back to 1/23/10 when I bought it. However, all of the service items did sync.

For the other vehicle, the fuleups sync from 5/24/15, but all the previous ones going back to when I bought it on 4/22/09 do not. Just like the one above, all the service items do sync.

I've compared some fuelups that did sync to ones that didn't, and there is absolutely no difference as far as the fields entered for each fill up.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:34 AM   #6
Site Team

When you get the 3.2.1 update later today, please Export Data (corrected in this release) and send to support@fuelly.com.

I'll import the data into your Fuelly account, then ask you to verify that the data is correct. Finally, I'll ask you to delete the "old" vehicles in Fuelly and delete and reinstall the app.