Upgrading to 3.1.2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-06-2017, 08:40 AM   #1
Registered Member

Upgrading to 3.1.2

I see that version 3.1.2 is available. I haven't upgraded from 2.7.5 yet.

Are the migration instructions still accurate? I've had a fuelly.com account for a couple years, but it doesn't currently contain any vehicle information.

If I upgrade, I'm concerned about data/precision loss above all (including issues with old data that I may not notice right away), as well as disappearing features that I depend on. How does 3.1.2 and the migration process measure up at this point?

mstonespeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:57 AM   #2
Site Team

The migration process works well now.

However, I would wait for 3.1.3. There is a bug that we're trying to track down in 3.1.2.

EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:41 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMY92 View Post
The migration process works well now.

However, I would wait for 3.1.3. There is a bug that we're trying to track down in 3.1.2.
OK, thank you. I look forward to hearing good things about 3.1.3.

It looks like you've stopped announcing releases here, so I'll keep an eye on my app updates list.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:46 PM   #4
Registered Member

Upgrading to 3.1.4

I see that 3.1.4 was released today as a minor bug fix. Do you recommend upgrading from 2.7.5 to 3.1.4 at this point? Have all the known migration bugs been addressed such that I shouldn't need to re-run the migration?

Assuming so, what do I need to do to ensure a smooth data migration from 2.7.5 to 3.1.4?

I have quite a bit of data for several vehicles that I would like to not lose nor corrupt. I have a fuelly.com account, but it has no data. All my data is in Gas Cubby 2.7.5 for iOS.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:42 AM   #5
Site Team

We released 3.1.4 due to an issue that has been very tough to track. This update should correct it. Our problem is that we know the issue has affected a very small number of users, but we cannot replicate what has caused it in our testing.

The migration issues were corrected long ago, however, there could be something unique in your data that may cause an issue. I have not seen a case where this could not be corrected by re-migrating a second time.

As long as you have the link to the backup file, the data from 2.7 will be retrievable.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:26 AM   #6
Registered Member

Thank you. I'll give it a go when I get a chance. I'm hoping that all the features I rely on are intact in 3.1.4.

Meanwhile, it would be helpful for you to include a brief list of what exactly was included in each release, rather than just mentioning a generic and mostly useless "minor bug fixes." That would help users determine if they need to update right away or not, and it would inform the affected users when their issues are resolved.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:27 PM   #7
Registered Member

I have a major problem...please help?
I went into my current gas cubby app in iOS, save a cvs file to Dropbox no then tried to upload to fuelly...

But I'm repeatedly told it's not in right format, expecting odometer tracking but no odometer info is included. But it is...I see the first row with odometer and then all subsequent rows have the odometer entry. What am I doing wrong?
thecubsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:44 PM   #8
Site Team

Have you reviewed the CSV guide? Importing Your Data Into Fuelly

Also, a few more questions:
Which version of Gas Cubby are you exporting the CSV from, Free or Pro?
If you have Gas Cubby Pro, logging in by clicking "Set Up Sync" and logging in with your Fuelly username or email address is the best option.
If you have Gas Cubby Free, if you can wait less than 2 weeks, syncing is coming to the Free version. You may have received a pop-up in the app notifying you of this.

If you still need additional assistance, please send the CSV file to support@fuelly.com and I will see what I can do to help. It will be sometime tomorrow before I can assist with this.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:51 PM   #9
Registered Member

I am using free, not too much money these days so...sorry I couldn't do the other version!
I'm using gas cubby free 2.7.6
thecubsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:58 AM   #10
Site Team

OK, with Free, the two options are the CSV, please send this to support@fuelly.com and I can help load it.

Or wait for less that less two weeks and the new version of Gas Cubby Free will be released and it will be able to sync the data to Fuelly.

Tags
upgrade