v2.7 Live in the App Store - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #11
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 8
Country: United States
Location: Hampton, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackone View Post
2.7 work fine for me as well.

Only thing that did not come back is the actual fuel consumption by that was displayed on each entry!
The mpg, gallons and price/gallon is displayed below each fill-up for me.
__________________

Professsorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:24 AM   #12
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3
Country: United States
Thanks for posting the updated version. It appears to be working for at least the entries that we need. Nice work guys!

Will there be a point where we will be able to do our entries cross-platform either android or iOS?
Looks like you guys might be heading towards a unified Application across the platforms.
__________________

CopaMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:32 AM   #13
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2
Country: Canada
Location: Quebec, Quebec
I only see
1st line : Date $Total
2nd line: Litre $/Litre

The second line used to be: Litre L/100 $/L

Not a big deal since if I click on the entry I can see the L/100
theblackone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #14
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2
Country: United Kingdom
Using 2.7, still crashing intermittently when going to edit a fuel record. If you can get into edit, there is no 'keyboard' to edit odometer readings.
Andy_Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:58 PM   #15
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Jeff View Post
Using 2.7, still crashing intermittently when going to edit a fuel record. If you can get into edit, there is no 'keyboard' to edit odometer readings.
FREE or Paid version?

As for the keyboard, go to Settings -> Adv Settings -> Number Pad -> and be sure they are set to active (green).
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:25 AM   #16
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2
Country: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
FREE or Paid version?

As for the keyboard, go to Settings -> Adv Settings -> Number Pad -> and be sure they are set to active (green).
Sorry, should have said, GC 2.7 - paid version, iOS 8.0.0. Set as you say I can get the 'calculator panel' but the 'picker' that used to be there is no longer working. Also it no longer substitutes in the previous milage to start with if you see what I mean (I'm sure it used to do that). Still intermitting crashes when going into edit previous fillups. This was spotted as I couldn't get any MPG calculations to work since the 2.6 version and had to go back and edit numerous entries. In the end I had to delete anything since 2.6 and re-create, but still get crashes when going to edit, not the first time, but typically when more than one entry needs editing.

Ta.
Andy_Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:50 AM   #17
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1
Country: South Africa
Argh! All my data appears to be corrupted after installing the updates.

All cost/L and the L filled are wrong up to June 2014. What did your math engine do?

How do I recover the original data
boyaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:29 AM   #18
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Jeff View Post
Sorry, should have said, GC 2.7 - paid version, iOS 8.0.0. Set as you say I can get the 'calculator panel' but the 'picker' that used to be there is no longer working. Also it no longer substitutes in the previous milage to start with if you see what I mean (I'm sure it used to do that). Still intermitting crashes when going into edit previous fillups. This was spotted as I couldn't get any MPG calculations to work since the 2.6 version and had to go back and edit numerous entries. In the end I had to delete anything since 2.6 and re-create, but still get crashes when going to edit, not the first time, but typically when more than one entry needs editing.

Ta.
I've forwarded your post to our developer. Thanks for the feedback!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyaviator View Post
Argh! All my data appears to be corrupted after installing the updates.

All cost/L and the L filled are wrong up to June 2014. What did your math engine do?

How do I recover the original data
The default unit setting in Gas Cubby is MPG (US), which means it takes miles and US gallons for input and then outputs miles per gallon. You likely have been using Gas Cubby with other units but, when your data was lost, the units were reset to the default MPG (US). Online Sync only stores the numbers, not the units, so the proper numbers were downloaded but you changed the units back to the proper units setting after the data was recovered, doing a unit conversion in the process.
To fix this, do the following:
Note: if you have not tapped Sync since recovering the data and changing the units, you may skip to step 4.
1. change the units back to MPG (US)
2. go to the Setup/Login screen and tap Delete Synced Data
3. return to the main screen and tap Sync
4. return to the Setup/Login screen and tap Delete Local Data
5. change the units to what you had been using all along
6. return to the main screen and tap Sync.
All your data should now be properly restored.

I would recommend emailing yourself a copy of your fill-up data prior to deleting the Sync data-
http://www.fuelly.com/gascubby/suppo.../gcexport.html
__________________

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.