v3 app crashes every time - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2015, 11:02 AM   #41
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderod View Post
New update was supposed to fix memory load and crashing issues on older devices so I re-installed the app and tested on an iPhone 4S.
Still no joy, crashes all the time.
Same here. iPhone 4 crashes just like before. Plenty of free memory
(173mb) per Memory & Disk Scanner Pro, as well as plenty of disk space. All other apps work perfectly fine on this iPhone.

Sonicendeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:36 PM   #42
Registered Member

iPhone 4/iOS 7 users reporting crashes and/or inability to close the "What's New" screen-

We're looking for more beta testers.

If you're interested, please send me a Fuelly Mail message with your name and email address.

Please only message me if you're currently experiencing a crash with the latest GasTracker version (3.0.3) and you're using an iPhone 4 running iOS 7. Also keep in mind by signing up as a Beta Tester, we're needing feedback from you to better improve the app. So you must be willing to dedicate at least 15-30 minutes of your time for each beta build we provide you.

After I receive enough users to fill our limit, I'll post here/remove this post.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:37 PM   #43
Registered Member

Quoting to notify you of my above post^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderod View Post
New update was supposed to fix memory load and crashing issues on older devices so I re-installed the app and tested on an iPhone 4S.
Still no joy, crashes all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGlenn View Post
Version 3.0.3. IPhone 4 (ios 7.1.2). The what's new page maximizes to where I can't access the red X to close it.

I can not use this update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicendeavor View Post
Same here. iPhone 4 crashes just like before. Plenty of free memory
(173mb) per Memory & Disk Scanner Pro, as well as plenty of disk space. All other apps work perfectly fine on this iPhone.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:48 AM   #44
Registered Member

I'm crashing every time on an iPhone 6s Plus with 128 gb. I logout, and then login -- and when syncing it crashes.
faithntim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:23 PM   #45
Registered Member

Any other iPhone4/iOS7 users wanting to help?
We've got...one signed up so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithntim View Post
I'm crashing every time on an iPhone 6s Plus with 128 gb. I logout, and then login -- and when syncing it crashes.
We haven't been able to replicate a crash on your specific device. Ensure all your data is synced to Fuelly.com (no missing entries) and if they are there, I'd recommend a fresh install.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:24 PM   #46
Registered Member

an iPhone5 user running iOS 7.0.4 and gas tracker V3.0.3.

After the initial V3 update, the app asked for my login credentials. Once provided it logged me in and showed the "what's new" splash screen. The app then promptly maximized and crashed and kicked me back to the home screen. Attempts to reopen simply show the gastracker screen for 3 seconds and kicks me back to the home screen. When I double click to close the app, I can see a message that says "...a number of dependencies in the wide graphs V^W...play message if we detect any synced data from prior... run into any issues please contact us via..".

I can uninstall/reinstall to start the login credential phase, but has so far (3 times) not made any changes to how the app functions.

If you want to extend testing to the iPhone5, I would be a willing participant.
wkdavis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:05 AM   #47
Registered Member

Update:posting here so those subscribed to this thread will receive notification-

I want to thank everyone in here for their patience as we dug through the crash reports we were receiving from our iOS7/iPhone 4 users. I also want to extend a special Thank You to the few users who did reach out to me to offer their assistance in testing.

After many long nights digging into this issue, our Developer and Team have come to a difficult but necessary decision.

We currently use TestFlight, an online service, provided by Apple, to internally and beta test our apps. It allows us to test with a much wider audience. However, TestFlight has ceased support of iOS7 devices; thus making testing for this particular case prohibitive.

We’ve determined the crashes were a direct cause due to how iOS7 was originally built. There are complexities in how Apple originally built their layout framework in iOS7 that we cannot support while also supporting the latest iOS releases and providing ongoing improvements.

I understand this may cause disappointment for those running iOS7, however I want to remind those users that we still offer alternatives to adding your fuel ups to Fuelly without having to use the main site. We have Fuelly Mobile- http://m.fuelly.com/ which can be conveniently bookmarked for ease of access as well as the option to add fuel ups via SMS (for US/UK/Canada)- FAQ: How do I add a fuel-up via SMS?.

I realize on some devices (ex: iPhone 4, original iPad) that you are capped at iOS7, but for those users with later models (ex: iPhone 4S, 5, etc), is there a particular reason you have not yet updated to a later OS version?

To reiterate, this is a tough decision because we truly don’t wish to disappoint our loyal users. However, as Apple is moving forward and ceasing support of its older devices and operating systems, we, inevitably need to follow suite so we can continue offering the best product for the majority of our userbase.

Sincerely,
Myself and the entire Fuelly Team
Old 04-28-2016, 06:32 PM   #48
Registered Member

So in other words, GasTracker and Fuelly no longer works for those of use who have an iPhone 4.

I had problems after the update and then put aside GasTracker. Recently I've tried using it again and like all the others mine crashed. I would log in and get to the "continue" screen. I would try tapping "continue" and nothing would happen. GasTracker would crash every time I opened it after that. Only if I deleted the app and reinstall would the app not immediately crash, but then the cycle would start again. I could log in and get only as far as the "continue" screen.

Do I have any other options? I could enter the info using the web but I do not have internet access when I am at the pump. Should I just delete my Fuelly account and the data that is there?
BruceInIloilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 12:09 AM   #49
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceInIloilo View Post
So in other words, GasTracker and Fuelly no longer works for those of use who have an iPhone 4.

I had problems after the update and then put aside GasTracker. Recently I've tried using it again and like all the others mine crashed. I would log in and get to the "continue" screen. I would try tapping "continue" and nothing would happen. GasTracker would crash every time I opened it after that. Only if I deleted the app and reinstall would the app not immediately crash, but then the cycle would start again. I could log in and get only as far as the "continue" screen.

Do I have any other options? I could enter the info using the web but I do not have internet access when I am at the pump. Should I just delete my Fuelly account and the data that is there?
We certainly don't want you to just delete and forget about Fuelly! Is it possible to save your receipt and enter your data once you get home or back to a place with internet connectivity?

Tags
crashes, iphone 4