Version 3.0.7 still has problems - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2016, 02:55 PM   #11
Registered Member

I also just checked the website and the log entries and it seems to be showing the l/100km correctly, however, I go into it and seeing the current odometer reading as correct, but the previous odometer reading is showing the current odometer reading (my most recent one) for some of my fuel-ups, not all; as per the screenshots provided by "LaughingBird".

Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:37 AM   #12
Registered Member

If you edit the fuel up you made today, the Previous Odometer will show today's odometer value. Pretty sure it's always been that way. It shows the highest odometer value you have in your logbook. Fuelly.com does the same thing.

But you all are experiencing a blocker-type scenario with once you edit, you can save the edit because the previous odometer is higher than the current?

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:00 AM   #13
Registered Member

Even with editing the fuel-up, doesn't change it and puts my KM travelled to 0. I even deleted the log and re-entered all the information in via my phone. Same thing. My screenshots would be the exact same as the one shown, just that my units are km rather than miles.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:25 AM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
If you edit the fuel up you made today, the Previous Odometer will show today's odometer value. Pretty sure it's always been that way.
I'm not sure if I've correctly understood what you are saying. I think you are saying that this problem only appears when we try to come back and edit a previously made entry. That is not the case. I have just fuelled up again today, and when I input the details and hit save, it has immediately gone to showing no distance covered. This has not been caused by any attempt to re-edit it later. It has occurred on the first input of the details.

If I now go in to edit it, it will show the current and previous odometer readings as identical, but this was not the result of a later edit. And if, instead of inputting it in the app on my phone, I input it through the website, there it works properly.
LaughingBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:38 AM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingBird View Post
I'm not sure if I've correctly understood what you are saying. I think you are saying that this problem only appears when we try to come back and edit a previously made entry. That is not the case. I have just fuelled up again today, and when I input the details and hit save, it has immediately gone to showing no distance covered. This has not been caused by any attempt to re-edit it later. It has occurred on the first input of the details.

If I now go in to edit it, it will show the current and previous odometer readings as identical, but this was not the result of a later edit. And if, instead of inputting it in the app on my phone, I input it through the website, there it works properly.
When viewing your Logs in the app, can you filter and check if you have any unsynced fuel ups please?
Old 06-09-2016, 06:55 AM   #16
Registered Member

I just checked mine and I don't seem to have any unsynced fuel-ups noted. I check the website and the information is posting there, but not on my app.

My most recent fill up, June 8 - app shows odometer of 17487, total distance of -- (hence no l/100km unit either), a cost, unit price, quantity, etc. This also occurs on my May 18 and May 12 fuel ups. Go to the site, and the l/100km is showing.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:36 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
I just checked mine and I don't seem to have any unsynced fuel-ups noted. I check the website and the information is posting there, but not on my app.

My most recent fill up, June 8 - app shows odometer of 17487, total distance of -- (hence no l/100km unit either), a cost, unit price, quantity, etc. This also occurs on my May 18 and May 12 fuel ups. Go to the site, and the l/100km is showing.
Can you try logging out and then back in. This can be done from Settings in the left side menu. Alternatively, you can also simply delete the app and reinstall.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to replicate this bug you all are experiencing on my end. So a fresh install will help me rule out any unknowns.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:52 AM   #18
Registered Member

That worked. Uninstalling the app and reinstalling it and then logging back in did the trick.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:41 AM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
That worked. Uninstalling the app and reinstalling it and then logging back in did the trick.
Thank you for confirming!

To everyone else with this similar issue- Please FIRST check if you have unsynced fuel ups. If so- do not uninstall or log out. Let's address those first.
If you do not have unsynced fuel ups, please log out and or try a fresh install like noted above.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:42 AM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
To everyone else with this similar issue- Please FIRST check if you have unsynced fuel ups. If so- do not uninstall or log out. Let's address those first.
If you do not have unsynced fuel ups, please log out and or try a fresh install like noted above.
I wish I could report the same success as Koopa, but unfortunately, no. I checked for unsynced fill-ups. There were none.
I then logged out and back in a gain, and tried adding a new fill-up report. It did the same thing as before - after hitting save it auto-chafed the previous odometer reading to the current reading, and so showed a zero distance.
So I then deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled it. Logged in. Added another new fill-up. No change. It still did the same thing again.
Mine is an iPhone 5 with the latest versions of Gas Tracker and iOS.

LaughingBird is offline   Reply With Quote