aCar 5.x suggestions and observations - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-02-2017, 09:53 AM   #1
Registered Member

aCar 5.x suggestions and observations

I received the aCar update, my current version is 5.0.1

Observations:

Logging in to my Fuelly account to activate sync caused the creation of duplicate vehicles. Both vehicles I am tracking were added to my fuelly account rather than being synced with an existing vehicle.

The arrows on either side of the vehicle name at the top of the screen would seem to indicate that you can move through the vehicle list by tapping them, you can't.

There are no settings to limit what syncs with fuelly.

Suggestions:

Add the ability to swipe left or right to move between vehicles, include a setting to limit this to only active vehicles.

Add settings to offer users the ability to choose which types of data they want to sync. For example I would like to only sync my fill-ups to Fuelly and nothing else. These settings should apply on a per vehicle basis and you should be able to toggle sync for for each type of record.

Add settings to customize the console on a per vehicle basis so that each user can put the items they use in the position most convenient for them.

Add a setting so that you can manually tell aCar which vehicle you are in.

Add a setting that would let aCar identify the vehicle you are in by the bluetooh connection.

More out there suggestion:

Add the ability to connect to an OBDII device so that aCar can read info directly from your vehicle.

Thanks for a great product.

RamPMC01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:51 AM   #2
Site Team

Thank you for the suggestions.

EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #3
Registered Member

You're welcome.

BTW - added aCar to my wife's phone and everything synced to her phone with no problem.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:49 AM   #4
Registered Member

Auto backup when upgrading

I have seen some complaints that users were having a hard time going back to an older version of aCar once they try the latest version.

Can you implement a data backup in the old file format as part of the process of installing the update? I realize this suggestion is too late for some users, but it might be useful in future versions.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:55 AM   #5
Registered Member

Schecule syncing/sync settings

Would it be possible to add settings for scheduling the sync with Fuelly? Some suggestions:

1. Over WiFi only.
2. Weekly.
3. Every x fuel-ups

A pause sync setting is another suggestion.

You check a box to pause the sync and are prompted for a time period. A notification tells you when syncing is started again.

Imagine that someone manages to match your fuelly.com profile to your residence and then uses the frequency of your fuel-ups and mileage to figure out when you are away from home?
Old 10-14-2017, 12:48 PM   #6
Registered Member

Bugs and suggestions

Before I get into my feedback, I'd like to say thanks for this awesome app. I use it all the time and it's one of the very select few apps I paid for. Money well spent. The ability to sync with fuelly.com makes it even better.

I'm running 5.0.4 on my galaxy S5.
This major update looks smooth, but it did introduce some issues and annoyances for me.

1. Please bring back the ability to long press a specific reminder with the option to silence it. Preferably add in the option to select how long to silence it for. For example, silence it for a set amount of time, miles, indefinitely, or until the next service interval.

2. The reminders I get for overdue services come up in my notification bar way to often, sometimes multiple times a day. I don't remember it ever being this annoying. It's got to the point that I had to uncheck the notification option all together. That defeats the purpose of having reminders.

3. When I clicked on the notification for the two overdue services in my notification bar, it takes me to a reminder window that's for my civic which I retired. So it comes up blank. Why would the retired car that I sold be the default to load up? Please fix that.
raffi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:13 AM   #7
Site Team

We do have "Disconnect Sync", this keeps the data and the ability to quickly sync, but disables all syncing until the user requests. Look in Settings -> Cloud Sync and Local Backup.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:15 AM   #8
Site Team

You have good points and similar to other comments that I've received.

All of those requests are already on our "To Do List".
Old 10-17-2017, 07:49 PM   #9
Registered Member

Unhappy Experience with Release 5.0.4

I have been using aCar on Android for several years, and am a Pro user. I love the app, but the 5.0.4 release either has a few bugs, or useful features have been removed. Here are my observations:

- Contrary to the opinions of some others, I like the new UI. Yes, I would like colored icons, but in my experience they are easy to recognize and intuitive.
- The vehicle dropdown at the top of the screen is missing the "All Vehicles" view. I used this to browse records when I had a receipt that I could not identify with a particular vehicle, but could go right to the date and view all the receipt details.
- The Vehicle Details screen shows my country as "Wallis and Futana", even though I entered "United States" originally. Data seems to have been corrupted.
- Also on Vehicle Details screen, if I want to enter or change just one piece of data, I have to re-enter Year, Make, Model, Submodel, Engine, Transmission, Drive Type, and Body Type, even though I have entered that data before. I recommend displaying all previously-entered data on the edit screen, and require only the bare minimum of fields to save the record.
- When browsing Fuel-Up records, the Price appears as CFPF2/gal, even though I entered 2.179 originally. Total Cost appears as CFPF19, even though the app calculated Total Cost at $19.10 when I saved the fill-up receipt. If I try to edit that same Fuel-Up record, both the Price and Total Cost have their cents truncated. Several amount fields on other screens have this same "CFPF" prefix.

I consider myself an experienced aCar user, but please tell me if I am doing anything wrong. If not, I'm hoping a new release with these defect fixes will be available soon, and that my data is merely displaying incorrectly onscreen rather than having been corrupted.

Thanks in advance.
gruber2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:57 AM   #10
Registered Member

Try resetting your location to USA. CFPF is a monetary refix for French Polynesian Franc which coincides with Wallis and Futana location.

seasnake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comments, suggestions, version 5