Different Service Intervals for Multiple Vehicles - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-25-2017, 09:27 AM   #1
Registered Member

Different Service Intervals for Multiple Vehicles

Hi, it seems when I edit the service reminders this is for the app in general, and not each vehicle. This is poorly implemented as some of my vehicles have different intervals. As an example some cars have oil changes at 5k miles, and others at 8k miles. There is no way to have this set up properly other than creating a new interval and naming it for the vehicle, which is a bit annoying.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but this seems cumbersome. Each vehicle should have it's own reminders at different intervals.

RiderEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:37 AM   #2
Site Team

No, the service intervals for reminders are vehicle specific.

There are default reminders available. It is possible that you selected applying the default reminders to the vehicle. With that, you can edit the reminder to customize.

EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:05 AM   #3
Registered Member

I think I have a better understanding what's going on. It seems you can create default reminders, but when you enter a service for the first time it also allows you to create a reminder, I'm guessing those are the vehicle specific ones? This seems to work a bit different then the old version, I recall when I wanted to input a new service it would automatically pop up the due services and I just selected them, or they had alerts on them already. I'm not sure if something changed here....
RiderEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:05 PM   #4
Registered Member

I've been using aCar (now Fuelly) for years. I occasionally change the service intervals; sometimes on a global basis, sometimes on an individual vehicle basis. But the ability to do so globally seems to have disappeared.

There is a note (note 3) on the "Manage Services" page (where you can add, delete, modify services, in addition to setting reminders by time/mileage) that says to apply changes to ALL vehicles, simply tap on the icon at the top right of the screen to open the options, and there will be an option to apply the changes to all vehicles. Unfortunately, the ONLY icon at the top right of that screen is the ADD (+) icon. There is no longer any way to apply changes made to the services on a global basis, ie for all vehicles in your garage. The option used to be available; it has been lost in one of the updates.
ATC250R is offline   Reply With Quote