Fuelly & ACar sync - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here for important details on the Gas Cubby v3 Free Launch

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-27-2016, 06:44 AM   #21
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
It's per vehicle and you cannot export currently from the mobile app or mobile website. You'll need to login/view from the full website.
Here's how-
FAQ: How do I export my fuel-up data?
Great, thank you! I guess I should have noticed the icon at the bottom of the record, sorry. I now have CSV files for each of my vehicles in the zonewalker-acar folder. I supply the correct date format as prompted, but I receive this response:
Quote:
Error

Could not import the data!

The selected Date Format (or Time Format if any) does not match with the date/date time valuesin the files you're trying to import.

Please open your file in a plain text editor on your computer and check the date/time values there. Then select am appropriate format on this screen and try again.
The CSV files dowmloaded from Fuelly contain two entries with dates:

"fuelup_date" formatted in 1 or 2 mo/1 or 2 digit day/4 digit year
"date_added" with date in same format, plus time formatted in 1 or 2 digit hour:2 digit minutes

aCar prompts for a date format. Options containing the slash (/) separator offer 2 or 4 digit years, but do not offer to specify single or double digit months or days. Specific choices offered (verbatim) are 12/25/09 or 12/25/2009, but nothing for 1/25/2009 or 1/5/2009.

No time formats are offered at all. I suspect the error may be coming from the date added column, containing both a date and a time, but I am only speculating. Can you please offer further help or guidance, such as editing dates and/or times in Excel and re-saving to CSV with formats that aCar will accept?

Thank you again.
__________________

uminchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:04 PM   #22
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by uminchu View Post
Great, thank you! I guess I should have noticed the icon at the bottom of the record, sorry. I now have CSV files for each of my vehicles in the zonewalker-acar folder. I supply the correct date format as prompted, but I receive this response:
The CSV files dowmloaded from Fuelly contain two entries with dates:

"fuelup_date" formatted in 1 or 2 mo/1 or 2 digit day/4 digit year
"date_added" with date in same format, plus time formatted in 1 or 2 digit hour:2 digit minutes

aCar prompts for a date format. Options containing the slash (/) separator offer 2 or 4 digit years, but do not offer to specify single or double digit months or days. Specific choices offered (verbatim) are 12/25/09 or 12/25/2009, but nothing for 1/25/2009 or 1/5/2009.

No time formats are offered at all. I suspect the error may be coming from the date added column, containing both a date and a time, but I am only speculating. Can you please offer further help or guidance, such as editing dates and/or times in Excel and re-saving to CSV with formats that aCar will accept?

Thank you again.
Can you send me your CSV that you're trying to import?
When you select a date format like 12/25/2009, any single digit day or month is also correctly parsed and imported.
__________________

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 06:30 AM   #23
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Can you send me your CSV that you're trying to import?
When you select a date format like 12/25/2009, any single digit day or month is also correctly parsed and imported.
Thank you, please check PMs.
uminchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:09 AM   #24
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1
Country: United States
I see it has been 3 months since any update on this thread. I have been a aCar user for several years and have a lot of data in Android device that I would like to sync to my NEW fuelly account so that I can also sync it to my iphone via Gas Cubby app. has there been any progess on getting all these apps to sync via Fuelly?


thank
BGANDERSON80
bganderson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:40 AM   #25
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10
Country: United States
Location: Fort Ann, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by bganderson80 View Post
I see it has been 3 months since any update on this thread. I have been a aCar user for several years and have a lot of data in Android device that I would like to sync to my NEW fuelly account so that I can also sync it to my iphone via Gas Cubby app. has there been any progess on getting all these apps to sync via Fuelly?


thank
BGANDERSON80
I'm also waiting for aCar and Fuelly integration so I can actually start using Fuelly (currently only using aCar).
ninjawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:09 AM   #26
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bganderson80 View Post
I see it has been 3 months since any update on this thread. I have been a aCar user for several years and have a lot of data in Android device that I would like to sync to my NEW fuelly account so that I can also sync it to my iphone via Gas Cubby app. has there been any progess on getting all these apps to sync via Fuelly?


thank
BGANDERSON80
Lots of progress. Not yet ready for public release though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjawa View Post
I'm also waiting for aCar and Fuelly integration so I can actually start using Fuelly (currently only using aCar).
You can start using Fuelly. You'll have the ability to sync all your data when we release the new version of aCar.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:38 AM   #27
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10
Country: United States
Location: Fort Ann, NY
You can start using Fuelly. You'll have the ability to sync all your data when we release the new version of aCar.[/QUOTE]

I gave Fuelly a try but found the mobile app (official and third party) lacking compared to aCar, so I decided to stick to aCar for now.
ninjawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:59 AM   #28
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1
Country: United States
I would like some advice from the fully team. I have been using either Gas Cubby or Fuelly for 4-5 years and am satisfied with it's abilities. I don't mind sharing the fuel data as seems to be the case with the fully/Gas Cubby applications. At present I have a new iPhone and all my data is on an android in aCar. First, can I get an upgrade to the new fuelly pro since I am changing phones and second how do I get my aCar data into my iPhone?

Thanks for your help.
joeterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:17 AM   #29
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeterry View Post
I would like some advice from the fully team. I have been using either Gas Cubby or Fuelly for 4-5 years and am satisfied with it's abilities. I don't mind sharing the fuel data as seems to be the case with the fully/Gas Cubby applications. At present I have a new iPhone and all my data is on an android in aCar. First, can I get an upgrade to the new fuelly pro since I am changing phones and second how do I get my aCar data into my iPhone?

Thanks for your help.
The existing/current version of Gas Cubby does not have an import function.
However, you can import a CSV of your aCar data into Fuelly if you'd like to go that route. With Gas Cubby 3 coming out soon, you'll be able to sync your Fuelly data into Gas Cubby to be seen on your iPhone.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:06 AM   #30
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3
Country: United States
Well, it's been more than "a couple of months" and I'm still not seeing the aCar > Fuelly integration.
Any updates on when aCar will be accessible online?
__________________

Ronich69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.