Fuelly & ACar sync - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > aCar | Mobile for Android
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #41
Registered Member

Not exactly what I meant. I was thinking the full aCar and Fuelly integration that is not ready yet and what that person was asking about a year ago February were different things. He was just looking for a way to enter the records online and then save and import them into acar. I thought that is what you indicated was a month or two away back then. But I am probably confused.

Is there a guide or post that explains how to do the CSV file in Excel? I assume I would need to have very specific format and fields in the excel file in order to import it into acar?

Will_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:02 PM   #42
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_T View Post
Not exactly what I meant. I was thinking the full aCar and Fuelly integration that is not ready yet and what that person was asking about a year ago February were different things. He was just looking for a way to enter the records online and then save and import them into acar. I thought that is what you indicated was a month or two away back then. But I am probably confused.

Is there a guide or post that explains how to do the CSV file in Excel? I assume I would need to have very specific format and fields in the excel file in order to import it into acar?
It doesn't need to be terribly specific. aCar offers the option to import a "Plain CSV" which allows you to map which column contains what data, etc.
You could use a similar format to what we have for Fuelly if you'd like a starting point/guide- Importing Your Data Into Fuelly

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:52 AM   #43
Registered Member

Need help getting past data base from Gas Cubby to Fuelly

This is my first time on the forum but I have been using Gas Cubby for several years now with all my Bikes and cars. Now I have a 2 year history for my Suzuki Burgman 650 including Maintenance and I always have it backed up. Now I changed phones from iPhone to a Samsung S6 Edge and I have everything except my History for the past 2 years. Is there a way for Fuelly to work with Gas Cubby data and if yes how can I get my old data.
Any help would be appreciated. I peeped a log of every fill up and every repair. Really needs this data.

Thank You,
Joe
Joe7911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:19 AM   #44
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe7911 View Post
This is my first time on the forum but I have been using Gas Cubby for several years now with all my Bikes and cars. Now I have a 2 year history for my Suzuki Burgman 650 including Maintenance and I always have it backed up. Now I changed phones from iPhone to a Samsung S6 Edge and I have everything except my History for the past 2 years. Is there a way for Fuelly to work with Gas Cubby data and if yes how can I get my old data.
Any help would be appreciated. I peeped a log of every fill up and every repair. Really needs this data.

Thank You,
Joe
You can import your fuel up data from GasCubby to Fuelly. But at the moment we do not have an import for the Service data. Do you still have the iPhone with GasCubby on it?
Since you posted in the aCar thread, have you installed aCar onto your S6?
Old 07-17-2016, 04:01 PM   #45
Registered Member

Any update on the sync feature for aCar users? I'm shifting away from Android (temporarily), but I would really like the option to migrate this data - soon!

I should clarify, that the fuel-up records are not as important (to me) as the ability to import all of the service history. I see there is a method for pushing fuel-up records, but how about the service records?
bzoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:27 AM   #46
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzoss View Post
Any update on the sync feature for aCar users? I'm shifting away from Android (temporarily), but I would really like the option to migrate this data - soon!

I should clarify, that the fuel-up records are not as important (to me) as the ability to import all of the service history. I see there is a method for pushing fuel-up records, but how about the service records?
We need to build an import for service records (I've been asking for one! )

Are you keeping your android device? If so, as long as you have the data on there, you'll be fine for when we are ready to migrate the aCar data to Fuelly. If you aren't keeping the device, I would strongly recommend taking a backup of your data, and exporting your records to CSV (both options available within the app) and saving those files somewhere secure (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc).

That way you have access to those records once we get the importer built and functional.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #47
Registered Member

I will be keeping my phone - but probably not for too long. What insight do you have on the timeline for this feature?

Also, should I just download the Fuelly app - or do you recommend the Gas Cubby app for iPhone?
bzoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:56 PM   #48
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzoss View Post
I will be keeping my phone - but probably not for too long. What insight do you have on the timeline for this feature?

Also, should I just download the Fuelly app - or do you recommend the Gas Cubby app for iPhone?
I don't have a timeline to provide. The plan is to be in Beta later this year.

For your iOS device, yes, GasTracker would be best. Later, you can download GasCubby. Only reason I suggestion GT first, is because it gives you the ability to sync your data to Fuelly.com for easier reference/tracking.