Fuelly Android App Update - Page 10 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > aCar | Mobile for Android
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2016, 11:58 AM   #91
Registered Member

I am "sorta" in this also - have a Android Nexus P6 that I am trying to transfer data from Moto X 1st gen to the Nexus & keep failing, anybody else tried this? I want program & ALL files to follow onto the new Nexus from Moto??

64STUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:53 PM   #92
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64STUDE View Post
I am "sorta" in this also - have a Android Nexus P6 that I am trying to transfer data from Moto X 1st gen to the Nexus & keep failing, anybody else tried this? I want program & ALL files to follow onto the new Nexus from Moto??
Have you seen the FAQ's within the app?

Quote:
How do I move to a new phone or tablet?
If you're using the PRO edition:
  1. Launch aCar on your old phone/tablet.
  2. Go to Import/Export Center and take a full backup of your data.
  3. Connect your old phone/tablet to your computer and copy the content of following directory from your old SD-Card (or from the internal storage of your phone/tablet depending on the brand and model) to the new one:
    /zonewalker-acar/*.abp
  4. Install aCar on your new phone/tablet, and launch it.
  5. You will get the auto restore dialog right after the launch.
  6. Choose the backup file you're going to restore from and DONE!
  7. Upgrade to Pro on your new phone/tablet.
  8. If you somehow manage to miss the auto restore dialog, just go to Import/Export Center and manually restore your backup from there.
  9. If everything went fine on your new phone/tablet, it's safe to uninstall aCar from the old one.

If you're using the FREE edition:
  1. Connect your old phone/tablet to your computer and copy the content of following directory, where your automatic backup files are stored, from your old SD-Card (or from the internal storage of your phone/tablet depending on the brand and model) to the new one:
    /zonewalker-acar/*.abp
  2. Install aCar on your new phone/tablet, and launch it.
  3. You will get the auto restore dialog right after the launch.
  4. Choose the backup file you're going to restore from and DONE!
  5. If everything went fine on your new phone/tablet, it's safe to uninstall aCar from the old one.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:13 PM   #93
Registered Member

Maybe I just haven't found it yet in the app, but is there a way to have it automatically backup to a cloud service like Google Drive, or send the .abp file in an email? I would like to set up an email folder or Google Drive folder where aCar can automatically send it. Right now, I only see it automatically backs up to the device. I'd like to automatically have it backup to a cloud service.
hubers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:44 PM   #94
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubers View Post
Maybe I just haven't found it yet in the app, but is there a way to have it automatically backup to a cloud service like Google Drive, or send the .abp file in an email? I would like to set up an email folder or Google Drive folder where aCar can automatically send it. Right now, I only see it automatically backs up to the device. I'd like to automatically have it backup to a cloud service.
Automatic backups only save to the local storage. A future update will offer sync to Fuelly.com/online server.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:17 AM   #95
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Automatic backups only save to the local storage. A future update will offer sync to Fuelly.com/online server.
You should add to the devlist what I previously described. It'd be a great feature. Is there a published timeline, not necessarily with dates, but like a future update timeline/list?
hubers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:28 PM   #96
Registered Member

Hello. I'm wondering if there has been any timeline updates? I got caught in the Note 7 recall fiasco and I'm getting ready to dump my "replacement" Note 7. I've gotten quite good at transferring data! I went from my old Galaxy SIII to a Galaxy S6 last year, then to a Note 7 in August, a Note 5 temp phone in September, then my replacement Note 7 late in September. I have a lot of data in my aCar app, so I make sure to move a backup to the cloud every week and periodically transfer the zonewalker-acar file to my computer.

I've been searching for a replacement fuel app that will sync in the cloud with the ability to view/update the logs in a browser. So far I haven't found anything I like so I'm really hoping that aCar will be updated in the near future. Ideally, I hope it's similar to an app I use to record my trips and other business expenses - TripLog. It's easy to use, has a nice interface, and I can view/edit the data via the app or a browser. I never have to worry about losing my data.

Best of luck to you! I love aCar and I hope it gets updated and fully integrated with Fuelly soon!
MikeB52G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:09 AM   #97
Registered Member

Quote:
You can sign up for Beta testing at the bottom of this page- Fuelly & aCar Unite
Is the Beta still open? It requests the android version being used and the newest version offered is 4.4 - this is over three years old!

Looking at this thread, aCar was acquired ~896 days ago and the last update for aCar was over a year ago. While I appreciate you've been working hard to sort out GasCubby and GasTracker it really doesn't feel like aCar is getting much/any love.

Any updates would be useful as I've been a long time aCar Pro user who would really like the cloud backup/fuelly integration promised so long ago.
langers2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 03:44 AM   #98
Registered Member

Hello RobertV,

When can we expect this? I recall from 2014 that new features and integration with fuelly was promised but still no updates after acar acquisition and no integration. I Love acar and it has been my fav. car log app since 2007 but lack of auto cloud backup is disappointing nowadays.

Cheers,

Quote:
betizadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:30 AM   #99
Site Team

We are about to roll into beta testing aCar 5.0 very soon. We are currently in the alpha testing phase.

It's getting close, the final release will depend on what we encounter in the beta testing.

So far, from what I've seen in the alpha testing, things are looking good.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:47 PM   #100
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMY92 View Post
We are about to roll into beta testing aCar 5.0 very soon. We are currently in the alpha testing phase.

It's getting close, the final release will depend on what we encounter in the beta testing.

So far, from what I've seen in the alpha testing, things are looking good.
Excellent news!

Will the beta be public? If so, will this page Fuelly & aCar Unite be updated with newer Android versions?

Thanks for the update.

langers2k is offline   Reply With Quote