Fuelly Android App Update - Page 17 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > aCar | Mobile for Android
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2017, 09:43 AM   #161
Registered Member

Thank you for the information. Looking forward to checking out 5.0 when it is ga.

lbkNhubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:25 PM   #162
Registered Member

Smile Switched to New Phone - Service Records Costs Changed with Update to 5.0 and new Phon

Just before the new 5.0 came out, I switched my Galaxy S5 to and S8 at the AT&T store.
The store used their transfer app to copy everything from the old to the new phone.
A few days later, I saw the aCar app update on my new phone. When I browsed the records, I noticed that the service costs had increased from what they where originally.
Working with Fuelly's support via email, I provided them with copies of my new zonewalker-acar files and the last one I had on the old phone with the old version of aCar.
The were able to use these to correct the service costs and send me a new file to put on the new phone.
Watch out for this if you happen to do the same thing I did.
Life is good again!

Old 10-10-2017, 05:28 AM   #163
Registered Member

after version 5 it does not even open. i cant reach the app. so i reinstalled v4.8.6 not good for fuelly. cause the application we paid for is not working.
insmuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:51 AM   #164
Site Team

I have seen very few reports of this.

Please do the following: Connect your phone to a computer, copy the acar.txt file in the zonewalker-acar folder and send it to support@fuelly.com.

Please mention that you posted this in the Forum so I know what the ticket is about.

Thanks
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:33 AM   #165
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMY92 View Post
I have seen very few reports of this.

Please do the following: Connect your phone to a computer, copy the acar.txt file in the zonewalker-acar folder and send it to support@fuelly.com.

Please mention that you posted this in the Forum so I know what the ticket is about.

Thanks

i sent the log file to the support. let us all see. if theyll solve. also you say a few reports but if you look to the google play comments you can see that a lot says that the new version is not working.

by the way in the first opening of the v5 i refused integrate with fuelly.com can that be the problem
insmuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:00 AM   #166
Registered Member

Importing problems

I've been a long-time user. Two vehicles, two users (my wife and me), and we each fuel up each other's cars. When I initially set up Fuelly I set one up using distance traveled and the other using odometer reading.

At present, I can't synchronize the old Fuelly data into aCar because the software can't parse one of the formats. What is my workaround for this? I don't want to lose 5 years' worth of data by deleting and re-adding that vehicle in the new format. Is there any way around this, or will a fix be forthcoming to allow either format?

Conversely, is it possible to export all the old data, delete the records from Fuelly, fix it to the new format in Excel, save as a .csv then re-import it to Fuelly (or aCar for that matter)?
DXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:07 AM   #167
Site Team

At this time, vehicles in Fuelly with Trip Distance tracking will not allow syncing of that account with aCar. We do plan to change that. The owner of Fuelly has a vehicle in that category and can't sync to aCar because of it.

Your CSV idea is a good one. There is the Fuelup & Service export in Fuelly. The Fuelups can be imported back into Fuelly, but Service cannot. I frequently use the aCar CSV import option to import files like that.

If you can take care of creating and editing the CSV, I will be happy to help import it. Send it to support@fuelly.com.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #168
Registered Member

Just waiting to get the logs from my wife's car tonight. We were paper logging since we got the car in 2010 and I have every fuelup recorded both by odometer reading and mileage. Is it just a matter of renaming the D1 column header to odometer (instead of Miles), then changing the appropriate values?

I haven't been recording service in Fuelly, just fillups. I have all service records in my paper logbook. Once I can get my fuelup records into aCar I would also like to manually enter all the service histories for each vehicle as well for a comprehensive record.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:16 AM   #169
Site Team

I would export the CSV from Fuelly.

Open your spreadsheet, copy the odometer readings on top of the trip distances.

Next, I would create a new vehicle, when these are imported, you will have the old entries and the new if imported into the same vehicle.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:59 AM   #170
Registered Member

Quote:
I would export the CSV from Fuelly.
Open your spreadsheet, copy the odometer readings on top of the trip distances.
OK, that part will be done later tonight.

Quote:
Next, I would create a new vehicle, when these are imported, you will have the old entries and the new if imported into the same vehicle.
I'm not sure wheat you mean by "old entries and new if imported into the same vehicle." Do you mean have 2 profiles for the same vehicles; one using the old data format and one using the new? Would it be possible to just update the existing profile for that vehicle with the new data, deleting the old data?