Fuelly Car Tracking by mileage vs distance - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-15-2018, 05:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

Fuelly Car Tracking by mileage vs distance

I get this message when trying to sync up fuelly.com for the first time stating that at least one of my vehilces is tracked using trip distance instead of milage so I can't import them into aCar. I can't figure out where to put my mileage into fuelly so these cars can be tracked. What do I do to get around this message?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180215-085338.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	2487  

DustoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:55 AM   #2
Registered Member

Trip distance sync issue

I am having the exact same error. I only have one vehicle my garage as well. Maybe it's from a vehicle I retired? Is there any resolution yet?

Lucias_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:36 AM   #3
Registered Member

using a browser, not the app, you'll need to switch your car to track via odometer instead of trip miles. Once you are at the page for your car, select Edit Vehicle and you can toggle between those options.

Or if you'd rather track via trip miles, you'll have to abandon aCar and use the Fuelly web app, which is what I did.
treethatscreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:50 PM   #4
Registered Member

Will this feature ever be added? I feel like this has been promised by the developers for years but has yet to be delivered.
Anderfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:30 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treethatscreams View Post
using a browser, not the app, you'll need to switch your car to track via odometer instead of trip miles. Once you are at the page for your car, select Edit Vehicle and you can toggle between those options.

Or if you'd rather track via trip miles, you'll have to abandon aCar and use the Fuelly web app, which is what I did.
I only had one vehicle that was tracked via trip miles. I switched it and the sync still fails. I removed the car and it still fails. My other three vehicles are all tracked by odometer and have always been tracked by odometer and the sync still fails. I'd really like to toss my notebooks and start using this.
gixxerjasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:34 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucias_D View Post
Maybe it's from a vehicle I retired?
This is it. Kind of silly, but I went back into my retired vehicles and set them to odometer and the sync started working.

Also odd, because after syncing, all of my vehicles, active and retired show up in the vehicles list.
gixxerjasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:19 AM   #7
Registered Member

I had the same problem. In case anyone from aCar is reading this, can you please add some helpful text into that error message to guide the user on what to do? When I first saw the message, the first thing I did was uninstall aCar. If there's a solution, say so!!
KawiGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:31 PM   #8
DD
Registered Member

Just did an aCar restore of data I thought I had lost. Now trying to sync to Fuelly but getting same message about how mileage is tracked in Fuelly. I have deleted all my vehicles in Fuelly and still get same msg. What can I do?
DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:13 AM   #9
Site Team

aCar is not compatible with a Fuelly account that has a vehicle tracked by Trip Distance. When I get some more of the developer's time, I will see if we can get aCar to ignore the Trip Distance tracked vehicles but sync everything else.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:09 AM   #10
DD
Registered Member

I am aware of the compatibility problem around mileage tracking but what do I do when I have deleted all the cars from fuelly but still get the same msg?

DD is offline   Reply With Quote