Goodbye aCar! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-23-2018, 12:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

Thumbs down Goodbye aCar!

After 6 years of using aCar, I have decided to move all my data to Fuelio. Disappointed in the direction that Fuelly has taken by implementation a subscription model. It's a MPG tracker...not Adobe Photoshop.

I noticed that Fuelly has also removed the aCar Pro Unlocker from the Play Store. And latest update says there will be ads after 2 years even if you are a Pro user. Paid for PRO but still going to receive ads...unbelievable.

9009RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:40 AM   #2
Registered Member

Wow, I bought aCar a long time ago, and I only install the app and use the Pro features once in a while, I uninstall it when I don't use it. I just installed it now and wtf, ads galore and the Unlocker App that I bought is no longer in the Play Store.
Subscriptions sucks, I'm looking for a way to export my data now.
Having issues converting the abp file to work with Fuelio though, any luck for you?

nxtiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:06 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtiak View Post
Wow, I bought aCar a long time ago, and I only install the app and use the Pro features once in a while, I uninstall it when I don't use it. I just installed it now and wtf, ads galore and the Unlocker App that I bought is no longer in the Play Store.
Subscriptions sucks, I'm looking for a way to export my data now.
Having issues converting the abp file to work with Fuelio though, any luck for you?
I had trouble with fuelio's import feature as well. I got 2 cars that are fairly new so I manually added previous entries. The older ones that we don't have anymore are just backed up.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:51 PM   #4
Registered Member

I've been using aCar since 2010, and I'm saddened to hear that Fuelly wants to wind it up and merge it, and push it into a subscription. A fuel economy app is so simple to write that I resist the idea of paying an annual subscription for it when I already paid the developer for the Pro-forever license. I get that the developer has to update the app when Google changes the platform, and I'd pay something for that, but that's not every year. Dunno, this just hit me at the same time that my new car didn't come with a CD player, so I'm just grouchy. I checked out Fuelio, and looks pretty good, so I'm going to use it simultaneously for a few tanks on a the new car to check out the charts.
cheezbrgrmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:24 PM   #5
Registered Member

I have been trying MyFuelLog2. It can import aCar files.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:42 AM   #6
Registered Member

It has been a little over a week since using Fuelio. So far, I really like it AND it has the photo option as well. I would gladly pay for this app but it's FREE and NO AD.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:44 AM   #7
Registered Member

I have been using aCar for many years. I paid to have no ads. I expect to get what I paid for. I wanted a fuel mileage tracking app. I really don't care about future updates, it does what I want it to do now. Fuelly gets to use the data that I send to it. If I have to pay to remove ads again, I will not use or recommend the app.
slicktrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:09 PM   #8
Registered Member

I have seen the aCar born i helped Armond the original dev about translation to Portuguese, i have the Pro version and now with Fuelly all will be lost....
Bye, Bye. Sprimonitor.de and Fuelly it's my new app and i will offer my job to translate....
LSousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:03 PM   #9
Registered Member

Angry Give my money back

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktrick View Post
I have been using aCar for many years. I paid to have no ads. I expect to get what I paid for...
A couple of years ago I also paid to have no ads. Now I have to pay again to have no ads.

Is that a joke or a fraud?
Isuzito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:58 PM   #10
Registered Member

Obviously it's a fraud. They want more money again to pay for an application that is a mess, the translation it's a mix of translated and untranslated words. I have already translated on the past and I have already offered to translate the new app but now answers... Bad, to bad,...

LSousa is offline   Reply With Quote

« Pro Version | - »