Need Help Recovering aCar Data - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-22-2015, 09:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

Need Help Recovering aCar Data

I bought the Pro version of aCar early last year. It worked great for recording my business mileage. When I bought a Samsung Galaxy 4 in December, all my 2014 files were converted to a .sec extension.
I need to access the records for my taxes.
I have the files on the SD card from my old ph & also on my PC. But, with the .sec extension they are inaccessible. I do not have the old ph anymore.
I've tried several online programs to try to open the secured files. None will open them in a useable format.
I've contacted support several times but never got a reply
I had the app set to auto back up but am not sure where they were backed up to.
Someone please help me! I need clear & non-techy steps to recover the secure files.
Thanks in advance for any help offered.

ali448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali448 View Post
I bought the Pro version of aCar early last year. It worked great for recording my business mileage. When I bought a Samsung Galaxy 4 in December, all my 2014 files were converted to a .sec extension.
I need to access the records for my taxes.
I have the files on the SD card from my old ph & also on my PC. But, with the .sec extension they are inaccessible. I do not have the old ph anymore.
I've tried several online programs to try to open the secured files. None will open them in a useable format.
I've contacted support several times but never got a reply
I had the app set to auto back up but am not sure where they were backed up to.
Someone please help me! I need clear & non-techy steps to recover the secure files.
Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Hi Alison,

I responded to your first message back on Dec 9th regarding this situation, and then again in response to the separate ticket in February. Sorry, that you never received either! I did receive your latest message from a few hours ago but only those 3.

I'm not positive what the ".sec" file type is. aCar does not use or save in that type. One guess is a "secured" or encrypted file type.
When you turn on encryption on a phone, all the files are encrypted and you can't just move that encrypted SD Card to another phone and read the files there. By the way, you had mentioned before that the file you see is very large in size. aCar backup files are just a few kilobytes each (mostly less than 50kb). The 9MB worth of data would seem to be something else.

Did you take a backup of your old phone data using an app like Titanium or some other third-party application?

Did you follow our procedures outlined in the FAQs on how to take a backup of your aCar data so you can move it to a new device (ie; save to another location like Google Drive, Dropbox, email, etc)?
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back up help, lost data, open secure files, recover files, secured file extension