no period on android keypad - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #11

PB, I just discovered another interesting point. Today I cleared all the cache, history, cookies, etc from the browser on my Galaxy S3. Later, I ended up at the gas station, without thinking about it, I went to enter the gallons and the period had reappeared on the "keypad" that was once greyed out... So, it's not like an update from Samsung/Android caused this to happen. Something is wrong with the cookie or temp that the site uses... any ideas? I'd be happy to help you test this... let me know if I can help in any way.

16vjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
pb

That's very odd. Were you using the unofficial Android app, or did you go directly to m.fuelly.com in your browser? I'm wondering if that app is causing more problems than just slowness reported in another thread.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:53 AM   #13
Registered Member

After upgrading from my HTC Droid incredible 2 to a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, I also lost the . on the number keypad in the fuelly mobile app. To fix this issue I downloaded google's default keyboard and made it my primary keyboard. Their keypad works correctly with the fuelly mobile app.

Here is the google keyboard site: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...od.latin&hl=en

enjoy.
ArkTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:34 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkTDI View Post
After upgrading from my HTC Droid incredible 2 to a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, I also lost the . on the number keypad in the fuelly mobile app. To fix this issue I downloaded google's default keyboard and made it my primary keyboard. Their keypad works correctly with the fuelly mobile app.

Here is the google keyboard site: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...od.latin&hl=en

enjoy.

Good to know!
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #15
Registered Member

I'm having the same issue with the lack of a period, however there is an icon in the bottom right hand corner that when pressed will restart my phone. As you can guess, this is quite frustrating.
jstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:45 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstu View Post
I'm having the same issue with the lack of a period, however there is an icon in the bottom right hand corner that when pressed will restart my phone. As you can guess, this is quite frustrating.
Never heard of that one. Can you post a screenshot?
What device are you using? Specs (version)? What keyboard are you using?
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #17
Out of Fuel

My Android s doing predictive #s when I start to type & include the period from when there used to be a period on the numeric keyboard. So I just use one of those prices then edit the #s without disturbing the period.

I've also been known to just put the numbers in to get it input at the time of fill-up then edit it from my laptop after I get home.
TexasGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #18
Registered Member

I have the same issue. Using Fuelly app, no period. Samsung Galaxy S4, 3 months old.

App is useless right now.
bocarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #19
Registered Member

Read post #7 in this thread.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:00 AM   #20
Registered Member

I just got my Galaxy S4 a couple weeks ago, and I was having this same trouble, no period on the keypad on the Galaxy S4. I was using the unofficial Fuelly app.

Today, I found this thread, and typed in the link in post #7. No luck, still no period on the keypad. Next, I went to fuelly.com in Firefox... logged in, then tried the link in #7. This time it worked, it brought up the main samsung keyboard. Progress.

Then I enabled the keypad again, still in Firefox... now the numeric keypad comes up, this time with the period. Success!!!

The problem appears to be in either the app, or the default Samsung browser. But, using the Firefox browser on the GS4, it works.

briabeck70 is offline   Reply With Quote