Reading aCar ABP File - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-23-2015, 04:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1
Country: South Africa
Reading aCar ABP File

Hi

My phone has gone in for repairs and just before I backed my acar data (abp file). I am now needing to complete a monthly expense claim but unfortunately all my data is in acar. Is there a way to import the abp directly into efuely or somehow read the data that is on the abp currently

Thanks
Andrew
__________________

stretch_za is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:53 AM   #2
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
You'll need to install aCar and run the import function to pull the data from the backup (.abp) file.
__________________

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2
Country: South Africa
i dont have a phone to install it onto unfortunately...hence my question
stretch_za is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
If you send me your backup file to: support @ fuelly.com (no spaces) and let me know exactly what you need, I'd be happy to send you the data.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:50 AM   #5
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2
Country: South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
If you send me your backup file to: support @ fuelly.com (no spaces) and let me know exactly what you need, I'd be happy to send you the data.
thanks very much - but I dont want to trouble you - I will make a plan and use of the other guys in the offices installations and extract what I need - I didnt want to bother them - but im sure once off they wont mind
stretch_za is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:01 AM   #6
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch_za View Post
thanks very much - but I dont want to trouble you - I will make a plan and use of the other guys in the offices installations and extract what I need - I didnt want to bother them - but im sure once off they wont mind
Whichever is more convenient for you.

I'm here.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2
Country: United States
Trying to restore backup

I have a Note 4 and upon doing a factory reset, lost all data (didn't really backup like it was supposed to). Anyway, I have an old abp file which was backed up prior to the factory reset, and I am attempting to restore from that file. I have moved a copy into /zonewalker-acar/, but it tells me that there are no files eligible for restore, and I may only restore from .csv files.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Ian
iancware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:24 AM   #8
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by iancware View Post
I have a Note 4 and upon doing a factory reset, lost all data (didn't really backup like it was supposed to). Anyway, I have an old abp file which was backed up prior to the factory reset, and I am attempting to restore from that file. I have moved a copy into /zonewalker-acar/, but it tells me that there are no files eligible for restore, and I may only restore from .csv files.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Ian
Sorry to hear about the data loss.
It sounds like you're attempting to "Import" a CSV file (the second half of the import/export screen). You'll want to use the "Full Restore" option at the very top of that page.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:40 AM   #9
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2
Country: United States
I don't want to do a full restore as I have new entries. I am not trying to import from a csv, Will doing the restore overwrite new entries?
iancware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:45 AM   #10
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by iancware View Post
I don't want to do a full restore as I have new entries. I am not trying to import from a csv, Will doing the restore overwrite new entries?
It'll prompt you asking what you'd like to do- Purge all records, purge only records matching that vehicle, or don't purge any.
You'll want to choose the latter.
__________________

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.