Hello, I searched the forum for "delete gas stations" and it came back empty.
I have been a Pro user for many years. (I love this app)
As one can imagine, sometimes the data base gets cluttered and it's time to clean house.
How can one remove selected gas stations from the list? I have so many listed its difficult to select the ones I currently use. I don't want to delete all the history I have and starting over would be very painful as I track 5 cars with the app.
What are my options? Is there some way to edit an export file then re save it for importation back into the program?
Well after an entire day (over 6 hours of trial and error messing with a database that goes back to 2011 for 5 vehicles...) I think I figured this out.
I will post the answer her in case someone else is wanting this same information in the future.
1. From within aCar opening window, select the menu icon in the upper right
2. From the resulting window select the IMPORT/EXPORT/CENTER
3. The top section is labeled "CONSOLE", select EXPORT RECORDS
4. From the resulting window, select EXPORT
5. Selection 1 --> Where to Export: Local (cloud option does not work for me)
6. Selection 2 --> What Format to export in: CVS
7. Press Proceed
8. Using your own app, navigate to the CSV file and export it to the Cloud. (In my case I use an app called "fx" and Google Drive)
9. On your PC, locate the file on your cloud drive.
10. Download the the file to your PC.
11. Open the file with EXCEL.
12. EDIT the file as needed. (I was just changing addresses of gas stations, credit card names)
13. Rename the file something meaningful so you can recognize it later
14. Place the new file on the cloud.
15. Using your app on the phone, access the file and download it, copy it to the /zonewalker-acar location on the phones MAIN STORAGE
16. From within aCar opening window, select the menu icon in the upper right
17. From the resulting window select the IMPORT/EXPORT/CENTER
18. The bottom section is labeled "IMPORT", select "aCar (this app)"
19. In the next window, you should see your file. (If you don't, press the window in case there are multiple files and the new one is not on top.
20. Select the file and press "Proceed"
21. Changes should now be in all the records, and updates changes made should be visible when making new records.
NOTE: In Excel, files must be saved in the CSV (Comma Delimited) format.
NOTE: The field for gas station address has a maximum of 60 characters
This was a PIA to figure out and complicated by the fact that the app doesn't send files to Google Drive, so I had to do a lot of manual work and extra steps.