UI Design - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-28-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
Registered Member

Red face UI Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWest View Post
PLEASE don't ignore the Android design guidelines and try to make the new aCar interface a copy of Apple. Android users don't want to use something that looks like an iSomething interface, that is going back in time and would be worse than staying with the current interface.
This guy has some wise input. Please do not make android users use something that has an iSomething interface. I agree 100% the new material design is what should be used for a new android app.

Blackbird_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:03 AM   #2
Site Team

We plan to find some middle ground as we want the apps to feel comfortable to people on both Android and Apple. We understand that native look & feel will be unique to each OS but would like to keep some things in similar places. For example, the button to add a fuel-up should be in the same general location so when someone switches OSes it feels natural to find the major buttons in the same places.

Right now we are working on the sync system between aCar and Fuelly. After that is done we plan to work on the UI refresh.

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
Registered Member

when will an update for android version be released?
itsTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:08 AM   #4
Registered Member

We're planning for early 2015!
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:50 AM   #5
Registered Member

For the love of crap, yes, please make it look like an Android app and not something for iOS shoehorned onto Android. It really makes it feel cheap and like Android users are 'secondary' or 'low priority'.

Material design is an extremely strong, well laid out showing of what Android applications are supposed to look like. Lots of good rules to follow. Android users using aCar are pretty unlikely to cross over to being iOS users using (the equivalent), so you are much better off making the Android app familiar for Android users and the iOS app familiar for iOS users.

What I do remember from when I used aCar before it was purchased by Fuelly (and I switched to Fuelly on the web) is that aCar was a UI catastrophe. Material design would straighten it out a lot, I think.
evilspoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:55 PM   #6
Registered Member

Yes, CrApple style does not belong on Android phones. I hate so called clean look where I can't find how to do things and can't customize anything. Now with that I also need to bring up again the monitoring of driving. The first two times I was told you had a concern for battery. So, I told you to put in options to only have it do it when in car dock and/or while charging. You still didn't like it and now that I see this I think I know why. I believe you are an iPhone user and are a custom to turning off things like your bluetooth because your battery won't last, but Androids bluetooth doesn't eat up as much battery and we can get phones with more battery even if it did. For instance I'm running a larger battery in my Note3 and can stream 18 to 20 hours of HD video without charging. So, I say please add us options as if we have a large battery and if it makes you feel better add the controls I suggested to limit the power drain for those with the free with plan ones. This site is about tracking car MPG and we all now that differs between city and highway. You put the way to mark which we are driving in the app, but unless it's 100% one way or the other we can only guess how much was which. If the app can track the city and highway driving this site can provide better more useful data to people and isn't the point?

Most importantly is to make uploads to here automated. I only logged onto here because of the buy out and when I found it's not a setup and leave it or even a tap and go. I decided setting up my account was all I would be doing at this time.
Crf450r420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:21 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilspoons View Post
For the love of crap, yes, please make it look like an Android app and not something for iOS shoehorned onto Android. It really makes it feel cheap and like Android users are 'secondary' or 'low priority'.

Material design is an extremely strong, well laid out showing of what Android applications are supposed to look like. Lots of good rules to follow. Android users using aCar are pretty unlikely to cross over to being iOS users using (the equivalent), so you are much better off making the Android app familiar for Android users and the iOS app familiar for iOS users.

What I do remember from when I used aCar before it was purchased by Fuelly (and I switched to Fuelly on the web) is that aCar was a UI catastrophe. Material design would straighten it out a lot, I think.
I agree but I don't think they would do that (or at least I hope not).

Crypto_Smack is offline   Reply With Quote