When I started using the app 3 years ago, I used 'miles since last fillup'. Because there is NO PLACE to put the 'starting mileage', which in my case is 254,000 miles, my current mileage is at 23,000 or so. Obviously thats wrong. How can I correct this? I tried to fix it from the first fill up, but putting 254,000 in there is not allowed because its out of sync or something.
How can you tell acar what the vehicle 'starting mielage' is so that its always right? Im missing critical reminders because of something stupid like this.
View the Vehicle Details. Edit the vehicle and you can add the Starting Mileage there. I believe it's under "Purchase - Odometer".
Alternatively, it's advised at least for your very first record you use your actual odometer that way aCar can base your future entries off of that.
Right, but I cannot go BACK and put that first fill up at any sort of mileage because it doesn't sync...it won't let me.
Also, adding purchase information had no effect on mileage anywhere for the vehicle.
The damn thing complains about validation errors and everything is in freakin chronological order. I changed dates and mileages and nothing makes that error go away. This is essentially completely useless unless I can get this fixed. Three vehicles are in this thing!
ITS THE FIRST GD RECORD IN THE ENTIRE LIST! HOW CAN IT HAVE A DATE OR MILEAGE VALIDATION ERROR!
What's worse, is that it won't IMPORT a file that it JUST EXPORTED. LOL. This is a disaster.
aCar doesn't really track via Trip Miles, it uses a guesstimated odometer (unless you've put one in). In your case, it sounds like it's assumed your first "Trip Mile" entry was actually your starting odometer. So all subsequent entries were just X miles from- your first entry. So if you try and add your odometer now, it's going to throw a red flag because 250k miles is significantly higher than your first entry of 250 miles.
I'm not sure what to say about the CSV unless you can send it to me for testing.
But exporting all the records, adjusting the odometer manually and then importing would be the quickest/easiest fix I believe.