Why bother Upgrading to Pro Version? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-19-2019, 06:58 PM   #1
Registered Member

Why bother Upgrading to Pro Version?

I used to keep trip records in using a paper notebook, so you might say that converting a working record-keeping system to an Android application is backward. I only take photos of things I see, not of receipts or documents. Documents go in a briefcase, and I record the mileage on the document, then record the information in the notebook later at the Hotel/Motel.

If I needed to, I would use the voice recorder application to record something, to save time typing.

For those people that use the ENTIRE application regularly, What major reasons are there for getting the Pro subscription, especially with a WiFi-only tablet? I don't see a reason for a subscription for backing-up data to a memory card.

BTW_ did use the Trip Boss application on a Palm PC before changing to the Android platform, when the Palm broke. IMO, Trip Boss for Palm was very well written, and I would like to see a clone developed for Android.

DonKook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:28 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hi DonKooK,new here i was wondering the same about taking up the pro version just to stop them adds popping up and for $4.99 a year dont seem that bad ,but i will hold out for a while to see how i get on with it ,Ian

DarcytheDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:23 AM   #3
Registered Member

The Pro subscription is basically just for the Google GPS coordinates-to-address conversion for gas stations or expense records, and Cloud memory to to store the data and document photos from your SMARTPHONE. But if you only use a WiFi tablet, it makes no sense; I have an extra 64Gb (on top of the internal 32Gb) for storing GPS data and document photos, and you could just use or launch a separate application to scan your receipts and invoices, and email or upload them to someone for FREE.

All you really need is to record the GPS coordinates, then put them in a database, so you can view a map later to find the address- if you really cared for that. I use the GeoTracker app to record stops as waypoints for location data and you can get the addresses from them for FREE.

But the goal of using a computer for inputting and storage of travel records is to simplify the inputs, recording location data, and odometer readings, or anything else you could easily do on paper (which gets smudged, wrinkled, torn, lost, etc.) which i s what I have done from the start, so I am very particular about re-inventing the trip records entry, when there is a comprehensive program, like Trip Boss (for IOS and Palm) and possibly aCar (for Android.)I just no longer have a Palm PC, nor use an Iphone- I use an Android PC.

Isn't there an option for a 30-day subscription for $1? If you only make a trip or two a year(like an annual two-week summer vacation trip) then the $5 annual subscription is a bit much, although it might support developmental work.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:24 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonKook View Post
I used to keep trip records in using a paper notebook, so you might say that converting a working record-keeping system to an Android application is backward. I only take photos of things I see, not of receipts or documents. Documents go in a briefcase, and I record the mileage on the document, then record the information in the notebook later at the Hotel/Motel.

If I needed to, I would use the voice recorder application to record something, to save time typing.

For those people that use the ENTIRE application regularly, What major reasons are there for getting the Pro subscription, especially with a WiFi-only tablet? I don't see a reason for a subscription for backing-up data to a memory card.

BTW_ did use the Trip Boss application on a Palm PC before changing to the Android platform, when the Palm broke. IMO, Trip Boss for Palm was very well written, and I would like to see a clone developed for Android.
I scan all service documents and put them into aCar as PDFs
JimBritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:38 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBritt View Post
I scan all service documents and put them into aCar as PDFs
That's a waste of time while you are driving. Besides, you can get free applications that can scan documents. IMO, you'd be better off putting your documents into an envelope or briefcase, and scanning them at the end of the day, not while you are in the car.

After weighing all the costs, restrictions, and lack-of-function aCar has, I will be uninstalling it, and changing to another trip-logging application- or just a standard paper notebook. Some simple changes could restore the usefulness of aCar, but it has become bloated and costly to use.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:42 AM   #6
Registered Member

You'll be missed here.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:25 AM   #7
Registered Member

traveling.geocacher@gmail.com
traveling-geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:26 PM   #8
Registered Member

The application does not delete data, unless the user deletes it, after confirming the deletion.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:14 AM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonKook View Post
The application does not delete data, unless the user deletes it, after confirming the deletion.
Still here I see.
Old 08-27-2019, 12:38 PM   #10
Registered Member

Love the lie

I love the lie that was acar. When I bought the pro version not once, but twice, because I could not find the code. They said it was a lifetime subscription. Now a few years later, oops you have to pay a yearly fee. Wtf

Firemedic972 is offline   Reply With Quote