Can't enter odometer reading. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-17-2015, 08:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

Can't enter odometer reading.

Not sure when this started; it seems like there is always some sort of stopper of a bug on the iOS app that causes me to have to enter everything on desktop.

Anyways, now I can't enter my odometer reading. I start typing in numbers, and after 3-4 digits, it just goes to zero and erases everything I just entered.

In addition, it won't hold the "numeric" keyboard; it randomly drops back to the alpha keyboard, so I end up entering an R or something instead of a number. And I have to switch back to the numeric keyboard to enter one more number - and then it drops back to the alpha keyboard AGAIN. So I'm back and forth, back and forth the whole time.

Unusable for me.

iPhone 5S, latest iOS update.

2008 Mustang Bullitt #5389
2002 MINI Cooper S
2000 Roush Cougar V6
B3NN3TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:51 PM   #2
Registered Member

What version of GasTracker are you using? 3.0.4?

Using stock keyboard?

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:29 AM   #3
Registered Member

I am using 3.0.4.

But you make a good point - I am using the Swype keyboard. Once I set it back to the original iOS keyboard, everything worked as expected.

So there you go - thanks for the assist!
2008 Mustang Bullitt #5389
2002 MINI Cooper S
2000 Roush Cougar V6
B3NN3TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:55 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3NN3TT View Post
I am using 3.0.4.

But you make a good point - I am using the Swype keyboard. Once I set it back to the original iOS keyboard, everything worked as expected.

So there you go - thanks for the assist!
I was suspecting it was Swype. Unfortunately we can't change how Swype acts.
As a primarily Android user myself, I really wish Swype functioned better on iOS.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:50 AM   #5
Registered Member

I am just about ready to give up on this mobile app (ver 3.05) which means possibly leaving... after contributing more than 5 years on 3 vehicles. This app doesn't work with the Swype keyboard as documented here. I am not changing back to the regular iOS 9.1 keyboard and at a minimum they should support the numbers keyboard which doesn't "stick". When I enter gallons, it switches back to alphanumeric. What a farce. I am not spending 10 minutes at the pump trying to put data in my iPhone. Too bad, RobertV this is something that has been known about a long time, no other app has this problem - only yours.
kculpia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:05 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kculpia View Post
I am just about ready to give up on this mobile app (ver 3.05) which means possibly leaving... after contributing more than 5 years on 3 vehicles. This app doesn't work with the Swype keyboard as documented here. I am not changing back to the regular iOS 9.1 keyboard and at a minimum they should support the numbers keyboard which doesn't "stick". When I enter gallons, it switches back to alphanumeric. What a farce. I am not spending 10 minutes at the pump trying to put data in my iPhone. Too bad, RobertV this is something that has been known about a long time, no other app has this problem - only yours.
I have several apps that had issues with third party keyboards, the developers of most of them were blaming it on an iOS bug. One third party keyboard developer has said this as well. I've deleted all but 1 third party keyboard and I only use it in text based apps and very rarely for that.

LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote