Gar tracker not sync'ing? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

Gar tracker not sync'ing?

hi, i just played around with the new gas tracker ios app. seems like the data i input in the iphone does not sync with the website (won't appear), but the data i input from the website will update in the app.

also, data i input in the phone does not calculate, even i put down gallons, miles traveled, etc... the mpg shows 0.

i tried to log out and log back in via gas tracker app, i just get stuck at "loading your current vehicle data" page. after a few cycles of kill process and re-launch the app, eventually i get in, but the data i input disappears.

pantherv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherv5 View Post
hi, i just played around with the new gas tracker ios app. seems like the data i input in the iphone does not sync with the website (won't appear), but the data i input from the website will update in the app.

also, data i input in the phone does not calculate, even i put down gallons, miles traveled, etc... the mpg shows 0.

i tried to log out and log back in via gas tracker app, i just get stuck at "loading your current vehicle data" page. after a few cycles of kill process and re-launch the app, eventually i get in, but the data i input disappears.
Thanks for the feedback. What version of iOS are you running and in general how good would you say your data connection was at the moment when you added these fuelups? They should immediately sync but if they can't sync they hold locally on the device until they are able to. It sounds as though they haven't been able to sync yet and I will work to sort out why. Thanks again!

Old 06-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshlehman View Post
Thanks for the feedback. What version of iOS are you running and in general how good would you say your data connection was at the moment when you added these fuelups? They should immediately sync but if they can't sync they hold locally on the device until they are able to. It sounds as though they haven't been able to sync yet and I will work to sort out why. Thanks again!
I'm running the latest iOS on iPhone 4s. I was unable to input trip meter so I input via website. The app only allowed me to input odometer, which is not I've been using.

Thanks.
pantherv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:16 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherv5 View Post
I'm running the latest iOS on iPhone 4s. I was unable to input trip meter so I input via website. The app only allowed me to input odometer, which is not I've been using.

Thanks.
In the last update (2.0.2) we fixed this issue so as long as your vehicle is set to track via trip distance the GasTracker app will now let you enter the data that way as well. We have also submitted an update to Apple that is pending approval with a few more bug fixes. Feel free to give it another go if you'd like.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #5
Registered Member

I also am facing a similar issue:

Running iOS 7.1.2 - just updated GasTracker to latest version (from 2nd most recent version) and on one of my vehicles (my primary) I don't see all the recent fill-ups nor is it tracking MPG on any of the 4 latest fill-ups I see on my account on the web.
AdamAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAndrew View Post
I also am facing a similar issue:

Running iOS 7.1.2 - just updated GasTracker to latest version (from 2nd most recent version) and on one of my vehicles (my primary) I don't see all the recent fill-ups nor is it tracking MPG on any of the 4 latest fill-ups I see on my account on the web.
Looking at your Fuel Log:
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/focus...rew/108962/log

4 of the last 5 fill-ups were marked as Partial.
A partial fill-up and the full fill up immediately following it will not display MPG. This is not a bug in the app.
If these were marked incorrectly, simply Edit and remove the checkbox and data will correct itself.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:19 AM   #7
Registered Member

Is the app have a bug when it displays in the log every fill up as "Full Fuelup" vs when I DO actually select the "Partial Fuelup" option when logging?

Every entry shows Full fuelup even when I know I marked it partial.

AdamAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote