Gas Tracker+ Logged out - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-16-2015, 04:51 PM   #11
Registered Member

Any updates??

I'm about to enter my stuff manually from the app and log out / back in. But I don't want everyhting to post twice when this problem gets fixed.

It appears to be an issue when recovering from a backup, like when you get a new phone.

vr4Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:35 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr4Legacy View Post
Any updates??

I'm about to enter my stuff manually from the app and log out / back in. But I don't want everyhting to post twice when this problem gets fixed.

It appears to be an issue when recovering from a backup, like when you get a new phone.
Unfortunately, no. I'll bring it up in our meeting tomorrow afternoon.
Can you tell me more about your theory of recovering from a backup? I assume you mean an iCloud backup?

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:14 AM   #13
Registered Member

Sorry for the delay.

I bought a new iPhone 6s. When I received it, I recovered it from a backup of my iPhone 5 I traded in. In my case it was a local backup on my Mac, as I don't have enough storage on the iCloud lol. I don't have any fuel ups after I got my new phone.

I know I had to log back into some apps on my new phone, as it appears the log in info didn't all transfer over. My theory is that somehow during the restore, my local data transferred over, but I wasn't logged back in. Perhaps the app sees my local info and assumes I'm logged in.

One other thing I just thought about is that I never upgraded to iOS 9 on my iPhone 5, I kept iOS 8 until I got my new phone. So, perhaps it was something with restoring from a previous iOS too.

Perhaps others can chime in on what steps they took. It seems everyone with this problem has mentioned that they got a new phone.

I'm going to manually record my data and try logging out and back into the app to see what that does. I'll update you on that. Hopefully it doesn't delete my local data and magically syncs If not, I'll have the info manually backed up.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:55 AM   #14
Registered Member

I'm glad you bumped this.

Our Developer is currently working on an update that will address this particular logged out/unsynced data issue.
It'll force you to log out entirely BUT (and here's the important part) it wont purge the unsynced/local data). It'll hang onto it until you log back in, so that you can then sync it with Fuelly.

In the meantime, please DO NOT delete, uninstall or try logging out manually yourself, as these options will delete local/unsynced data without the ability to recover.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:08 PM   #15
Registered Member

I read this 10 minutes too late, I got impatient lol

I manually logged my data (it was only ~10 fuel ups) in a spreadsheet and logged out then back in. As I suspected it deleted my old data, but I just imported it via the website. I'll fill up tomorrow, hopefully everything will sync fine for me.

Thanks for the follow up and getting this fixed for everyone else.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:43 PM   #16
Registered Member

iPhone 6S woes

Recently upgraded to iPhone 6S from 5S. App had been telling me I logged out, I click login and continue to input data. Logged into website today to see none of it is synched.

Sent backup, but would like it confirmed before I delete app and reinstall, losing unsaved data.

iPhone 6S - ios 9.1
Gatracker+ app v3.0.1 b3.0.4.9

Thanks!
justride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:44 PM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justride View Post
Recently upgraded to iPhone 6S from 5S. App had been telling me I logged out, I click login and continue to input data. Logged into website today to see none of it is synched.

Sent backup, but would like it confirmed before I delete app and reinstall, losing unsaved data.

iPhone 6S - ios 9.1
Gatracker+ app v3.0.1 b3.0.4.9

Thanks!
Moved your post so you could see my update above.

Please DO NOT delete, uninstall or try logging out manually yourself, as these options will delete local/unsynced data without the ability to recover.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:57 AM   #18
Registered Member

Has an update been pushed yet?
mikepanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 06:13 PM   #19
Registered Member

I had the same issue, wish I had come on here earlier. I manually logged out to try and reconnect, and I lost all my data since Oct. 31. Pretty frustrating. I have an iPhone 5.
Craig72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:03 PM   #20
Registered Member

Deleted my previous post and forgot to add my new one... lol.

GasTracker update (with the fix I mentioned above) has been approved and should start becoming available for everyone shortly. I see it already available on my device if I go searching for the listing in the app store.