phone App and missing fuel ups - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2015, 10:08 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian-alice View Post
I did not. But I also don't see the missing fill ups within the app. Like I said, it logged me out, so I only see what the site sees since I logged in.
Please send us a backup from within the Settings menu. Even if you don't see the missing fuel ups, we still might be able to retrieve them.

At this moment, I do not have an exact time-frame to offer those who have submitted their backups yet.
Again, we're having to dig through each backup file one-by-one and this is time consuming.
We've received quite a few backups already (many are duplicates however) and are working on our plan of action regarding this matter.

It is okay to continue logging your data (picking up where you left off), and once we get your missing entries added, everything will fall into place.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:20 AM   #12
Registered Member

I actually found my gas receipt with the mileage written down, and was able to add my missing tank myself. Please ignore my request for assistance. Thanks!

emugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:07 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emugga View Post
I actually found my gas receipt with the mileage written down, and was able to add my missing tank myself. Please ignore my request for assistance. Thanks!
Good to hear.

As a progress report- we're digging through these backup files at the moment.
Ultimately, there was at least 1 error (maybe an invalid fuelup, or a partial sync that broke, and was unable to pick up where it left off, or some other crazy one-off-situation) that prevented data from that fuel up on from syncing properly. We're having to find that error, find a means of correcting it, and then pushing the data up to the server. It's quite tedious.

As we start finding a trend, it'll help us move through these faster. Please bare with us.
If you haven't yet received a response via email or through the feedback system in the app, I apologize, but am currently helping with going through these backups. I haven't forgotten about you, and I'll send you a response as we get closer to restoring your data.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:23 PM   #14
Registered Member

Unfortunately for me, I don't have any receipts. One of the purposes of this app for me was that I would no longer have to keep receipts with the mileage written on them. Perhaps the developers need to write in the ability for the user to save the data. There are other apps that can do this. I was always very certain not to close the app until after receiving the confirmation that it had synced. That didn't do much good in this case. I've lost two months of fillips. The last time I opened the app there was a screen offering to upload the backup data for recovery. Hope it works.
wdn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:46 PM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Please send us a backup from within the Settings menu. Even if you don't see the missing fuel ups, we still might be able to retrieve them.
Ok, I did so a few days back when the app updated again. I understand you have a backlog. I'll continue using the app as normal.

julian-alice is offline   Reply With Quote