Version 2.1 (23 Jan update) issue - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-24-2015, 01:16 AM   #1
Registered Member

Thumbs down Version 2.1 (23 Jan update) issue

The app does not calculate correctly and is different to the web, probably due to no decimals in the app.

In the app, cost/km is not calculated.

The fill-up after a partial fill-up is not being calculated correctly, neither on the web, nor the app.

See screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	290
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1707   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3465.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1708   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3466.PNG
Views:	353
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1709  

mapstieks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:10 AM   #2
Registered Member

I've found a couple of additional issues in this latest iOS release. Should issues be documented in this forum or is there a more formal issue reporting/tracking process?

looking4OPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:47 PM   #3
Registered Member

mapstieks,
You're not seeing fuel economy calculated on the 12/23 fuel up because the 22nd you marked as Partial. Fuelly does not calculate MPG or in your case L/100km for the fillup marked Partial and the one following it.

As for your entire log book displaying NaN/L in the app, I've pinged our developer to see what he says.

looking4OPH,
It'd probably be better if you created a separate thread (I think you already have) but for future reference to anyone else that uncovers a bug. Thanks!
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:58 AM   #4
Registered Member

One can still not add an odometer reading of more than 4 digits. This was supposed to have been fixed in the previous update.

The average across all fill ups are not correct, probably as a result of the one partial fill that are not being calculated correctly. Why dont you just use the aggragates since the previous full fill to calculate the averages after a partial fill? This is what other systems do.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:10 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapstieks View Post
One can still not add an odometer reading of more than 4 digits. This was supposed to have been fixed in the previous update.

The average across all fill ups are not correct, probably as a result of the one partial fill that are not being calculated correctly. Why dont you just use the aggragates since the previous full fill to calculate the averages after a partial fill? This is what other systems do.
Regarding the odometer, what are you typing, exactly? Trying to reproduce this error, but so far unable on my end.

I believe in your specific case, the NaN/L is throwing off your numbers in the app. We've pinpointed the NaN/L issue and should have a fix for that very soon.

As far as how the Partials are handled, we've adjusted our logic on the website, and just need to update the app to match.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:40 PM   #6
Registered Member

• I was trying to type 77105, but after typing the 5th digit, the first "7" is all that remains. I have tried other combinations as well. I am not using a decimal symbol.

Is it possible that the 4 digit issue is caused by my location settings (South Africa)? From the forum it seems that other users with the same issue were also from outside the US.
  • You'll see that the total average is displayed as 20.1l/100km, where as my worst consumption was "only" 14.
  • Furthermore, total mileage tracked does not work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 2015-01-29 10 25 26.png
Views:	418
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1714  
Old 01-29-2015, 12:50 AM   #7
Registered Member

Almost right

I use kM for distance and kM/L for fuel economy.
My 'Total Distance Tracked' is displaying in kM which is perfect. But when I go to 'Logs' my fuel-up trip distance is converted to miles. I want to add my fuel ups using the app, as it would be more convenient and will record my location, but I am worried it will think I'm entering miles instead of kM.
For now I'll continue to enter my fuel-ups online until I'm certain all the bugs in the app are sorted out.
GLDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:27 AM   #8
Registered Member

I have same issue with odometer.

I use L/100km setting.

So I want to enter 27999 als mileage. After entering 2799 it all looks good:

And then I enter the last 9:

Obviously this is of no use to me.

Additionally, my price per liter is averaged to a whole number so absolutely useless, and the second Jan 27 entry cannot be correct because it is based on a partial refill.

wooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:41 AM   #9
Registered Member

Unhappy Fix?

Will this issue be fixed, and when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapstieks View Post
  • I was trying to type 77105, but after typing the 5th digit, the first "7" is all that remains. I have tried other combinations as well. I am not using a decimal symbol.

Is it possible that the 4 digit issue is caused by my location settings (South Africa)? From the forum it seems that other users with the same issue were also from outside the US.
  • You'll see that the total average is displayed as 20.1l/100km, where as my worst consumption was "only" 14.
  • Furthermore, total mileage tracked does not work.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:12 AM   #10
Registered Member

We've ruled it as an iOS setting (region/location) superseding the in-app preferences.
We had a very hard time replicating the above issues until we changed our location/region to outside the US. Sure enough, my GasTracker started acting wonky.

You can test it (if you want) by switching your Region location to US and then the app seems to display/function properly.

I'll follow up with Josh, but I'm pretty sure this has been fixed in the upcoming update.
He's been working to fix all the bugs we've uncovered thus far into one solid update versus putting out multiple smaller updates. At least this way, we can ensure all the fixes work together and don't create new issues.