Version 3.0.1 feedback - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

Version 3.0.1 feedback

1. Vehicle Info screen - Total distance tracked shows Miles even when KM is used
2. Vehicle Stats screen - Shows Total Miles when KM is used
3. Vehicle Stats Screen - Says "Avg. Liters/Fuelup" but shows Gallons
4. Fuel Price per Gallon screen - Gallons when Liters are used.
5. Vehicle Logs - Fuelup screen - shows all fields even when not selected in settings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1540.PNG
Views:	321
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1820   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1541.PNG
Views:	278
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1821   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1542.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1822   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1543.PNG
Views:	273
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1823   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1544.PNG
Views:	248
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1824  

LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #2
Registered Member

6. Vehicle Info screen - Fuel Efficiency graph - shows "MPG" instead of "L/100km"

The graphs in landscape view on an iPad do weird things, as you scroll through them is goes back to the first, if you are looking at one graph to long it goes back to first. As GasTracker is actually an iPhone app not a universal app (yet?) don't spend to much time on this.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	1825  

Old 09-21-2015, 06:40 PM   #3
Registered Member

Version 3.0.2

Issue 1 - fixed
Issue 2 - fixed
Issue 3 - shows different number still not avg litres
Issue 4 - now says Price per Liter still give price per gallon
Issue 5 - same
Issue 6 - fixed

noticed another issue - Vehicle Stats in landscape shows all stats even if different time period selected
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1565.PNG
Views:	237
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1830   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1566.PNG
Views:	284
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1831   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1567.PNG
Views:	252
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1832  
Old 09-22-2015, 06:17 AM   #4
Site Team

LittleHim, thank you VERY much for your detailed feedback. It's much appreciated!

I wanted to respond specifically to #5 the visible fields options. Moving forward those will only hide the fields on the fuel-up data entry screens. On the fuel-up overview page we do not plan to hide those fields at this time. Our logic for this is that we have more than one column per row of data being displayed so it's not as easy as just hiding a row (like the old Gas Cubby). We also want users to be reminded that these fields are available should they choose to submit those data points in the future. For example, in the future, we plan to append some weather information such as temps to fuel-ups where we have location data. Rather than hide that feature to people who have location turned off we would like to show them a N/A with a link to a page that describes the location feature and how they need to turn it back on. So for the time being the fields visible will only hide them on the submission form.

Was there a specific case where seeing the fields on the data on the fuel-up overview was disruptive?
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:46 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks Andy
#5 no longer an issue, just thought 'hide fields' would be vehicle wide but your reasoning makes sense. As long as it is not part of the input process (steps to skip) it makes no difference to me, it might remind some to check tire pressure occasionally.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:48 PM   #6
Registered Member

Found some rounding/calculation errors affecting website and/or GasTracker.
For some stupid reason gas companies in Canada (and I believe the US) sell fuel with a price going to 3 decimal places, our currencies go to 2 decimal places. Actually Canada no longer has a penny, cash transactions round to the nickel. Somewhere in the Fuelly world the price gets rounded to 2 decimal places and other numbers get changed because of that.

In the attached:
The km column #100 and #105 show .01, I do not enter fractions of a km. Does anybody enter 2 decimal places for the distance?
The Litres column and in the app 5 of the 6 entries since August 24 don't match my receipts, they are off by 0.001 to 0.002 Litres.

The first image is from my iPad the location didn't sync, maybe an iOS issue or a GasTracker issue don't know which as GasTracker does several weird things on my iPad and until GasTracker or Gas Cubby are universal apps I'm not to concerned about it. But on my iPhone it would be nice if the location also showed the address or part of it as it does when entering the fuelup.

In future releases: (IMHO as I don't know how others use some fields)
On the fuelup screen would it be possible for the user to manually rearrange the fields? Or resize some? I usually pay by MasterCard but have used cash and Visa so that could be moved down the screen. Fuel Brand usually matches the Location again sometimes doesn't and could be moved down the screen. I haven't used Tire Pressure and my tags are short so they could be smaller and placed side by side or narrower but taller for multiple tires and tags.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1219.PNG
Views:	275
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1835   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuelly.png
Views:	331
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	1836   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1223.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	1837  
Old 09-24-2015, 05:43 PM   #7
Registered Member

3.0.2 Feedback broken

I got some new feedback from Fuelly Support on my iPad but don't know what it is, GasTracker crashes when I tap 'Feedback' or the orange banner. Feedback crashes on iPhone as well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1838  
Old 09-24-2015, 09:15 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHim View Post
I got some new feedback from Fuelly Support on my iPad but don't know what it is, GasTracker crashes when I tap 'Feedback' or the orange banner. Feedback crashes on iPhone as well.
I sent you a message last night. Nothing major; just a 'thanks for the feedback' on here.

Odd that it crashes though... hmm...
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:03 AM   #9
Site Team

Thanks (once again) for the feedback. We'll look into the rounding issue and see if we can figure out why it's doing that. As for customizing the input form, that's something that is on our list but not planned for the near term. We have a very small team (ie. one part time iOS developer) so our focus right now is critical bugs and just getting Gas Tracker as stable as possible so we can then roll out Gas Cubby 3 which is essentially Gas Tracker but the data from Gas Cubby is imported over. Once the dust settles we'll then be able to focus on new features.

The feedback system is provided by a 3rd party service that we integrated into the app. Between Gas Tracker 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 we switch from their v1 SDK to their v2 SDK. The issue you are reporting might be because of this. Can you share with us which version of iOS you are running on the iPad? Is it on then new (and buggy) 9.0? If so, there have also been lots of issues reported with iOS 9 and I think Apple is squashing those as quickly as they can. Either way, we need to make sure the feedback system works.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:58 AM   #10
Registered Member

Thanks Robert and Andy
Both my iPad and iPhone are on iOS 9.0.1. Don't know if Feedback in v3.0.2 worked on previous iOS but the Feedback never synced between devices or after a reinstall. The first time I used it was on my iPad then about half an hour later used it on iPhone, I got a reply on the iPad with suggestions including reinstall. Until yesterday no other replies on either device, all issues have been mentioned somewhere in these forums. Someone else on your team mentioned in another thread here that they only saw the first iPad feedback but none of the iPhone.

As for customizing I would rather have a bug free stable app then an app without a wish list. I look forward to starting a Gas Cubby wish list thread and not a Gas Cubby feedback thread.

Also I view Fuelly apps on my iPad but enter everything on my iPhone 5 (iPhone 6S is in transit) so any iPad only issues can be worked on later. I'll email Robert IF I have issues getting Gas Cubby 2.7 on the 6S.