Alright, I didn't think of actually entering in another log entry after the success of reinstalling the app. I tried entering a dummy log fuel-up. I set the distance to be about 550km more than my current odometer reading. After saving it, it set my distance back to 0km travelled and 0L/100km for fuel milage saying I've improved. I also have an iPhone 5 with the app being as up-to-date as it can be. Seriously annoying.
Says I got a reply to my feedback... trying to figure out where... but again, I'm still experiencing the exact same problem as before. I sync up all the information, nothing happens on my phone. Log into the website, my fuel economy, etc. is all showing. My app though requires a reinstall or log-in log-out to update the fuel economy properly.
The new update to the app may have fixed this problem, but I'm getting strangely mixed results. Possibly there might be a clue in the variation.
I have updated the app, then deleted it, reinstalled it, and synced my data.
If I delete the last fuel up I did under the previous version of the app, and enter it again, I get the same problem as before. But if I reinput that data via the website, as I was having to do before, and then add another new fuel-up using similar figures, it seems to work properly.
I have no idea what that means, other than that if there has been a change in how a new fuel up entry accesses the old odometer reading, and it would depend on the age of the previous entry, then there might be some clue in there.
Hopefully it will continue to work properly with new entries now, but I'll confirm one wa y or the other next time I fuel up.
Still seeing the same problem despite recent updates. I can provide one new bit of information which may or may not be helpful. I'm finding that after each app update, my first fuel up seems to enter okay, but with the second one, the problem of the disappearing odometer reading resumes.