Version 3.0.7 still has problems - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2016, 08:23 AM   #1
Registered Member

Version 3.0.7 still has problems

Hey guys, it looks like the 3.0.7 version still has some problems. I upgraded yesterday, and just launched the app and migrated my data. Now, on the main screen (vehicle details), the city/highway % shows 50/50, even though the individual fueling logs show the correct ratios. Looks like the calculation for the main page display needs to be fixed.

Also, when I click on the "New feedback from Fuelly Support..." banner, the app crashes. Also, when I go through the hamburger menu to give feedback, the app crashes.

TXEditionLB4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:52 AM   #2
Registered Member

After the update and data sync both cars are showing +100xxxk km for total mileage and completely out of whack AVG/LAST/BEST tallies. Logging into the web from my computer they both show the proper information tracked thus far.

crashtested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:39 PM   #3
Registered Member

An update to GasTracker with fixes for all mentioned above has been submitted to Apple for review (as of noon yesterday) so hopefully it should be rolling out soon.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:29 PM   #4
Registered Member

I installed the new 3.0.8 version, and closed all apps, and rebooted the phone - looks like this version has all the same bugs (city/highway pie chart shows 50/50, clicking the feedback banner crashes the app, and clicking Feedback from the menu crashes the app) as 3.0.7. Keep trying, guys.

iOS version is 9.3.1.
TXEditionLB4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:10 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEditionLB4x2 View Post
I installed the new 3.0.8 version, and closed all apps, and rebooted the phone - looks like this version has all the same bugs (city/highway pie chart shows 50/50, clicking the feedback banner crashes the app, and clicking Feedback from the menu crashes the app) as 3.0.7. Keep trying, guys.

iOS version is 9.3.1.
This is strange. I think this is the first report I've heard of 3.0.8 NOT fixing the issues.
We may need to reach out to you privately and send another build with more log reporting for us to research what's happening on your device.
I'll get back to you.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:05 AM   #6
Registered Member

I'm seeing some problems too since updating to version 3.0.9
When entering a new fuel-up, it was correctly showing the previous odometer readings, but once I hit save, it showed that I had done 0km. When I hit edit again, it was now showing the previous odometer readings as the same as the new odometer reading - thus the 0km. I couldn't edit the previous reading, so I deleted the entry and started again. It did the exact same thing again - showing the details correctly unit I hit save and then messing them up. After the same result on a third go, I made the entry via the website, and now it is showing correctly.
Also, after making an edit to a service note, although it shows correctly on the website, on my phone it has combined this enter with a fuel-up from the day before. It I hit edit, all the details are showing correctly, but in the log list, it is showing the spanner logo for a service with the details from the previous day's fuel-up alongside it.
It is all saving okay on the website, so nothing is being lost, but the iPhone app is a bit of a mess.
LaughingBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:37 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEditionLB4x2 View Post
Hey guys, it looks like the 3.0.7 version still has some problems. I upgraded yesterday, and just launched the app and migrated my data. Now, on the main screen (vehicle details), the city/highway % shows 50/50, even though the individual fueling logs show the correct ratios. Looks like the calculation for the main page display needs to be fixed.

Also, when I click on the "New feedback from Fuelly Support..." banner, the app crashes. Also, when I go through the hamburger menu to give feedback, the app crashes.
Have you updated to the latest version? Are you still experiencing issues? If you can confirm all your data is synced properly to Fuelly.com, it should be safe to just delete and fresh install GasTracker. Let me know if the problems persist.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:40 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingBird View Post
I'm seeing some problems too since updating to version 3.0.9
When entering a new fuel-up, it was correctly showing the previous odometer readings, but once I hit save, it showed that I had done 0km. When I hit edit again, it was now showing the previous odometer readings as the same as the new odometer reading - thus the 0km. I couldn't edit the previous reading, so I deleted the entry and started again. It did the exact same thing again - showing the details correctly unit I hit save and then messing them up. After the same result on a third go, I made the entry via the website, and now it is showing correctly.
Also, after making an edit to a service note, although it shows correctly on the website, on my phone it has combined this enter with a fuel-up from the day before. It I hit edit, all the details are showing correctly, but in the log list, it is showing the spanner logo for a service with the details from the previous day's fuel-up alongside it.
It is all saving okay on the website, so nothing is being lost, but the iPhone app is a bit of a mess.
Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into this.
Can you provide me some screenshots and an example of what you were entering vs what it's displaying in the app?
Old 05-21-2016, 07:30 AM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into this.
Can you provide me some screenshots and an example of what you were entering vs what it's displaying in the app?
I haven't been able to replicate the second issue, but the first one is still consistent. Here is the sequence of screenshots at each step.

In this first picture, I am entering the data for the first time. The current and previous odometer readings are showing correctly.

Then I hit "save", and the "latest fuel efficiency" pop-up suddenly shows that no distance has been covered.

I close that, and the entry content now similarly shows no distance.

If I hit "edit" to go back into it, it is now showing a "last odometer" reading that is actually the current odometer reading that I have just entered.

If I input the entry via the website instead, it works correctly.
I am running the latest version of Gas Tracker on an iPhone 5 running the latest version of iOS.
LaughingBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #10
Registered Member

I am currently experiencing the same problem with my fill up's and it's happening more often. It's not using my last odometer readings from previous ones, but instead, it puts my most recent odometer reading into previous logs and can't calculate it...

Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote