130 mpg motorcycle - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-18-2017, 07:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

130 mpg motorcycle

New to the forum, but been using FUELLY for a while. I have just cracked 300 entries, but I am not a big user of fuel.

At present I live in Phuket, Thailand, in an apartment that good natural light and is well ventilated; I have no need for (and dislike) air-conditioning or even a fan. I don't do anything special to minimise fuel consumption other than minimising my use of motor vehicles.

My daily ride is a bicycle, which I use for most journeys within a 10 km radius of where I live. A university teacher, campus is about 1 km away from my apartment. I have little need for a car; have rented one on about four occasions over the 14 years I have lived here.

For longer trips I have a small motorcycle, a 1997 Honda Dream 100, an ex rental I picked up for about US$500 about 14 years ago. Typically, getting around the island, I use less than a gallon of fuel a week. Occasionally I tour further afield on the mainland, using a gallon or two a day for the longer legs of a journey.

Originally my little Honda was not gasohol compatible, but (in line with Thai government policy) pure gasoline has become increasingly difficult to find, so I had no option on occasion. It did the fuel system no good. On the original carburettor I was getting 100 - 110 mpg (US gallon). That went up sharply when the carb went bad, and repairs were unsuccessful.

Just over a year ago I got the mechanic to replace the carburettor with a new one (cost about US$55.00), which is gasohol compatible. Since then I have been getting in the region of 130 mpg using gasohol.

AjMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:09 PM   #2
Registered Member

Welcome to the forum, nice story. Beautiful part of the world you live in there.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote