93 Civic VX swap, with a question. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Dalamar
93 Civic VX swap, with a question.

So I picked up a 93 Civic Si for $500 ( blown head gasket ) as an Si it had a d16z6 in it, initially i thought about just picking up a JDM d15b from a 96-00 civic with the three stage vtec, but I found a 83k mile D15Z1 sitting in junk yard (been on the shelf for 1180 days) and a p07-a01 ecu for $400. and hopefully I'll be putting it in tomorrow when the hoist gets here. FYI if you buy parts from advanced, do it from their website in and keep the cart as close to $100 without going below and use promo code BIG40, it take $40 off your total. I was able to get new gaskets, water pump, timing belt, drive belts, plugs wires and a K&N for around $140

My question is how to convert my 4 wire o2 plug to the 5 wire of the VX, i want to avoid adding wires straight to the ecu.

and now some pics

pics of the stock si motor with water in it, head, vx motor and my garage
PS if you in swfl the 240 and the SR20DET are for sale separate or together

Dalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
Registered Member

Re: 93 Civic VX swap, with a question.

Also these are the rims i'm kicking around ordering they weigh 13 lbs each. They are Rota Flashbacks

or Rota Zero Plus

Just can't decide...

Old 11-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #3
Registered Member

One other thing came to mind, anyone ever put z6 head on a vx block? i know the z6 head flows better but i wonder what the gains would be?

If i go that route i might have start thinking about a little t25/t28 turbo setup with 7-9 lbs of boost. hmm better flow from z6 head + baby tubro = ???

Just basing that on turbo applications having better thermal efficiency, since a turbo makes use of both the heat and flow, a greater amount of fuel is converted to useful work, and the shape of the power curve would be better.

IMO to gain the best real world economy, what is needed is a small engine ( low internal friction) running at low rpm's (again, small internal frictional losses) that develops lots of power at those low revs. Therefore, the best way to efficiently give a small engine good low-down power is to turbo it.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-15-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
Registered Member

I recommend you post this in the "projects" or some similar category. You'd likely get more responses.
Interesting project, nonetheless.
B
benfrogg is offline   Reply With Quote