A "smug" TDI guy! - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #31
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkindiesel View Post
They only bee in the boquet is the occasional mumbled "observation" that she can sometimes smell the Mercedes' exhaust inside the car even with the windows rolled up (see previous note on wifey's dislike of Chinese food).
And she prefers the smell of petro diesel?

Maybe you can put lavender or vanilla oil in her batches. Could you segregate her batches and only get it from restaurants she likes?

Old 07-26-2007, 12:24 PM   #32
Registered Member

Nah, she doesn't like the smell of #2, either. She preferred the near non-existent smell of her old Ferd Taurus. The only Taurus i EVER liked... was chambered in 9mm.

stinkindiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #33
Registered Member

Seriously, not kidding at all, could you add a fragrance to the fuel? I do really like the smell of vanilla.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #34
Supporting Member

never liked brazilian guns that much
Old 07-26-2007, 01:33 PM   #35
Registered Member

Better than the locally made ones (Corona, CA- Lorcin, Davis, Raven). Besides, even the worst Brazilian gee-you-enn wins any knife fight.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:16 PM   #36
Registered Member

Bill in Houston- sorry I didn't see the ?? Yes, absolutely, any oil-based scent would work. Speed shops sell additives to make your exhaust smell like everything from apples to root beer. I poured patchouli oil into a tankful once and couldn't get the hippies to stop following me. Dang things were like stray cats at a fish market.
You can use any oil to make it smell "different", remembering that you're starting with a scent that resembles a smokey Chinese restaurant. Vanilla on top of that? (retch) Maybe if I could find some fortune cookie-scented oil; that'd be nice. Or if I used bacon grease, I could get some egg scented oil. Yes... you've given me some stuff to work on.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #37
Registered Member

mmmmm, baaaaconnnn....
Old 08-08-2007, 06:38 PM   #38
Registered Member

Hey Stinky, where's your garage entry?

I've been swimming around diesels a lot more lately, driving by vw dealers that aren't on the way home, ebaying for old (and probably smokey) rabbits and royal enfields... Seems the populous is bent on ethanol cuz most of the current fleet can use it, but dang if biodiesel isn't a hell of a lot more productive, especially that algae thing. Sure wish there was a better use for the byproduct though. I wonder what willie does with his?
Old 08-08-2007, 07:08 PM   #39
Supporting Member

Were did he go havent seen him post for a wile
Old 08-13-2007, 10:14 AM   #40
Registered Member

Been in the hospital. Everything's good, though. Addressed a few defects that weren't apparent until the intestine bulged through the bellybutton. Quite uncomfortable; if you have a choice, take a "pass" on the experience.
Today is my first day back, and I'm doing it sans painkillers... not because of an aversion to 'em, but because I like 'em so dang much I tend to stay stupid until I'm healed up. They reduce the initiative to do anything, but they are HANDY lemme just say.
I'm also less likely to do something that would jeopardize my structural integrity if I can actually FEEL it. I'm freakin' SUPERMAN on Vicodin.
Good to be back, though, brain still a bit muzzy from the... what?...was that a bee?... I smell cotton candy, yeah, like a purple dandelion...
Garage coming up when I can figure out how to do the photo thingie.
If you find a smoker Enfield, lemme know. Muchas Thank-yas