Anyone here from Nova Scotia? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question Anyone here from Nova Scotia?

Just wondering. Here gas is currently 1.43 /L....rumors are the gas will be about 2.50/L by the end of summer. How are ppl in the outlaying areas with no access to buses going to do it??? I'm outside the city, my husband and I have vehicles bc we have children and work in different parts of the city. We have cars that are so-called good on gas, what is good anymore though??? I takes me to fill my tank with 1/4 left $46.00!!! Not too long ago it was only $25 to fill a car like her, and I'm not talking when I was younger either!!! When is it going to be enough, that the government will stop rising the prices, do we have to quit our jobs and go on EI because we cannot afford the gas to get us to our jobs, nevermind everything else rising as well, ie power.

Opinions???

Old 06-22-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
Registered Member

I dont think it has much do to with government, they don't price the gas, even if they were to remove the tax it would still be around 1$$ / liter if I read the tax charts correctly.

I got fed up and sold my car, that was the answer in my case...netted my almost 500$ more a month of gas/insurance/payments/maintenance. Best move I ever did!

PS: I'm in NB. filled my scooter tonight, 1.38$ / liter. We have "regulated" gas here, the prices can only go up every thursday, and I think they took out 2 cents of taxe some while back..can't be sure..
Rayme is offline   Reply With Quote