civic vx - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-30-2007, 08:29 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3474i View Post
I was hesitant about the hummer thing, too, but think about all the mining, refining, and manufacturing to make all the extra parts a prius needs. All those proceses use petroleum... not only that but think about what happens when a prius is wrecked vs. a hummer. Its far more likely that the hummer will be repaired and back on the road, not "totaled out". So, as far as life time (milage) expectancy you probably need to make two priuses to match that of one hummer... I thought about this way too much!
No, no, no. If any of it were true, a Prius would cost twice what it does. If it really took allllll that much energy to build a Prius, Toyota would make you pay for it. It's just a bunch of junk put together by someone paid off by the US automakers. Thinking about something a lot doesn't make it true.

Anyway, welcome, good luck, etc.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
No, no, no. If any of it were true, a Prius would cost twice what it does. If it really took allllll that much energy to build a Prius, Toyota would make you pay for it.
Nobody today pays the true cost of energy... Hand build the prius while only eating organic food and you will see the 'energy' cost of a prius (use some solar or wind generated electricity if you feel so inclined to make the job easier..). None of the energy we use is SUSTAINABLE (the true COST which can't be put into a 'dollar' amount on a price tag of a pruis). We are all drunk on cheap energy (fossil fuels) and nobody pays a real dollar amount for it.

People get the consumer dollar cost mixed up with the energy cost of things way too mixed up.. I think this is why the "dust to dust" report is sooooo misunderstood...

Thanks for the welcome!

c3474i is offline   Reply With Quote