Finally made it! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-02-2006, 05:13 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Jack, I replied to your post hope that helps out, let us all know. With all the Honda people that are on here we should be able to get you going again.

Formula Two, thanks! And do feel free to PM me questions. I love the Enkeis as well, especially since they are rare in the U.S. I used to autocross my 98 GSR and my 91 CRX so it's in my blood, lol. There is quite a bit of weight reduction done to the vehicle, but with a baby seat, a full tank of gas and my 240 lb frame in the car I think it weighs in at about 2200lbs, lol. I'll have to check nest time I drive by the landfill in Elk River.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to FormulaTwo
Yeah I actually need to get around to weighing my car also.
Unfortunately the previous owner filled the rear quarter panels with fiberglass to mount 10" speakers.

And to top it off there is no way to completely remove it from the car. So i am sure mine will be heavier than the usual. Plus it is a CX.
Apparently the idiot never thought about speaker depth. the 10" mounting hole is perfect, but he left about 2 inches for depth.

Not to mention the holes i have in my roof, where there was a wing mounted at one time or another.
Its so hard to find a good condition non-riced EG hatch these days

FormulaTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:19 AM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Just to let you know Formula Two, the CX and VX are identical in weight in stock form. If the previous owner's F/G work is pure fiberglass, then it shouldn't add too much to the cars weight.

I agree it is hard to find a nice stock EG these days but there are ways to make it back to stock, ie cutting and welding, lol.

Quote:
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:00 AM   #14
Registered Member

UPDATE: I switched over to my winter set of wheels and weighed the rim/tire combo last night.
29lbs. that is tire and rim combo. The specs on my tires says the tires are 19lbs. a piece but then again they are a wide tire and can handle 51 psi. So that puts my rims weight right at 10lbs a piece. So it all averages out, lol.

Quote: