First RSX? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-21-2007, 01:33 PM   #11
Supporting Member

yeah i kinda turned it into a how much mpg can i get kinda thing so i can get my % over epa up

Old 05-21-2007, 03:12 PM   #12
Registered Member

Welcome

Welcome to the site!

I have one of the old Integras here, and also wondered how an RSX would do. 33 is a pretty good baseline.

As far as how aggressive you get with saving fuel, you can see there are options from mild to wild.

Of course, the usuals -- higher tire pressures, getting a feedback device (ScanGauge, etc.) help quite a bit. The General Discussion thread has some busted/confirmed mods and theories to try in the stickies. It's all up to you in how much effort vs. fuel savings you attempt.

Best FE, and we're here to answer any questions you have...

RH77

Old 05-21-2007, 03:55 PM   #13
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgobie View Post
It's all relative I guess.
I think you gotta have a little fun in life. Thank god you guys don't make up the majority of the car buying population or the daily commute would be quite boring.
careful that you dont judge this board too quickly. i bet i could take your rsx around a track quicker than you can , and i guess you havent heard of wot shifting for fuel economy...
Old 05-21-2007, 04:36 PM   #14
Registered Member

Good point thisisntjared... and you reminded me that FE driving can be "exciting" in the usual sense too - I have confused the heck out of more than one person toodling along behind me by blasting through some turn without touching the brakes
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #15
Registered Member

Precisely

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Good point thisisntjared... and you reminded me that FE driving can be "exciting" in the usual sense too - I have confused the heck out of more than one person toodling along behind me by blasting through some turn without touching the brakes
I wholeheartedly agree -- I confuse the "average" driver when they ride my bumper, then on a twisty downhill they're left in the dust (and with no engine power ) When they fly by on an uphill or hear the starter crank at a light they look over in confusion.

It still can be quite a rush -- all in how you approach it.

RH77
Old 05-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #16
Registered Member

I have a 95 Integra GSR and a 90 CRX HF. When I first got the CRX I wondered if I could handle driving such a slow car, but after a couple of months I like driving it as much as the GSR, it's just different.

The other cool thing about having the CRX is that it makes my Integra seem like a luxery F1 car.
mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:43 PM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmad View Post
I have a 95 Integra GSR and a 90 CRX HF. When I first got the CRX I wondered if I could handle driving such a slow car, but after a couple of months I like driving it as much as the GSR, it's just different.

The other cool thing about having the CRX is that it makes my Integra seem like a luxery F1 car.
Exactly why I got the RSX! Compared to my Corolla its money...

I'll be doing some of the mild things mentioned here. Most of its common sense anyways and I've done it before finding out about this site. Drafting 18 wheelers though... Man I always try and avoid them. The dang stones seem to always be magnetic to my car.

bbgobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:32 PM   #18
Registered Member

My friends think I'm crazy. The other day we were drving around Houston looking for d15z1s at salvage yards and I was of course driving like a Gassaver. I was crusing about 30 in 5th gear and then made my right hand corner going just as fast. My buddy was like "whoa you drive all slow on straight aways but take corners faster than most." I replied "yeah two rules for my drving. 1>accelerate slowlu 2>only use the brakes when necessary"
I love drving for FE. I can't wait till I install my 3.25 geared CX tranny next weekend because even 1-2mpg gain will be worth it to me.
kwtorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:18 AM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtorbe View Post
My friends think I'm crazy. The other day we were drving around Houston looking for d15z1s at salvage yards and I was of course driving like a Gassaver. I was crusing about 30 in 5th gear and then made my right hand corner going just as fast. My buddy was like "whoa you drive all slow on straight aways but take corners faster than most." I replied "yeah two rules for my drving. 1>accelerate slowlu 2>only use the brakes when necessary"
I love drving for FE. I can't wait till I install my 3.25 geared CX tranny next weekend because even 1-2mpg gain will be worth it to me.
Can't wait to join in. Scangauge is in the mail, and gonna do a fill up tonight to give me a good idea of the mileage I get on this car. Looks like about 575km on a tank.

bbgobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:08 PM   #20
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
accelerating slowly doesnt save gas.

the more combustions you have in lower gears the more each piston goes back and forth. also, i dont know how ok and tx do inspections, but in nj you cant run obd1 in an obd2 car.

anyway bbgobie, you have the right idea, stay away from 18 wheeliers, the cost of a windsheild every year is not worth the extra couple highway mpg. out of curiosity do you have the type s or base?