Fuel Saving Device and Mechanical Cruise Control - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2014, 06:23 AM   #1
Registered Member

Fuel Saving Device and Mechanical Cruise Control

Hi Everyone

I was a duty driver in the Air-force back in 1984-85 and I used to spend long hours driving a very uncomfortable round nosed 1964 VW combi. I needed a Mechanical Cruise Control, that magic brick under the accelerator that would be there when I needed to rest my foot on the accelerator and it would just magically disappear when I needed to overtake.

Well I have spent 25 years developing it, and I have just patented it and I thought you may be interested in seeing it work in a video, after using it for some time I noticed the fuel gauge stayed on F full for a lot longer than it used to, so I had the car tested in an accredited laboratory used by BMW and Mercedes Benz and the results that came back were shocking, the device which simply bolts onto the accelerator was saving 20.18 % on the test vehicle a Fiat Uno 1100cc carburated was getting 18km on a liter daily on the road at 140km/h with no modifications to the engine or the fuel. the device just shows you where to stop pushing so you will reach a set speed of say 110km/h this position can be over ridden at any time and it automatically resets its self so its always "On" This frugal accelerator input keeps the fuel air ratio at the optimal 14:1 the vehicle makes more power and uses less fuel and it works in 1st 2nd etc all the way to final drive, so it helps bring open road consumption into the urban cycle.
It works on all vehicles from small petrol cars to big diesel trucks.
Ranges on vehicles, depending on the tank and engine sizes increase on average between 100 and 150km per tank.

Enjoy the videos of the car driving and the lab test results on the dyno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uez1XvX_5gI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zccN6KHpmJs

FuelSavingDevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:33 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hi,

You have basically designed a hardware DWL (Drive With Load) device, most Hypermilers would be doing this anyway and I'm not sure if ordinary people would like to be attaching things to their accelerator pedals, just sounds a little dangerous to me.

I did take a look at your web site and the results basically confirm that DWL is better than driving at a constant speed, this is well know to Hypermilers.

A throttle stop doesn't really work that well when that stop position results in different RPM in different gears. I would imagine that it results in allowing quite high RPM in the lower gears which would be bad for FE.

You do mention on your web site that you have 5 years of real world test data, would you care to share this data with us as well please.

Apologies for being a bit cynical, but just wondering why anyone would pay for something that does what they can do themselves for free.

Oliver.

OliverGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverGT View Post
Hi,

You have basically designed a hardware DWL (Drive With Load) device, most Hypermilers would be doing this anyway and I'm not sure if ordinary people would like to be attaching things to their accelerator pedals, just sounds a little dangerous to me.

I did take a look at your web site and the results basically confirm that DWL is better than driving at a constant speed, this is well know to Hypermilers.

A throttle stop doesn't really work that well when that stop position results in different RPM in different gears. I would imagine that it results in allowing quite high RPM in the lower gears which would be bad for FE.

You do mention on your web site that you have 5 years of real world test data, would you care to share this data with us as well please.

Apologies for being a bit cynical, but just wondering why anyone would pay for something that does what they can do themselves for free.

Oliver.
Hi Oliver

The lab test speaks for its self , I cant fabricate a 20% fuel saving document, it comes from an Accredited Laboratory. The 5 years of real world testing I have done was to make sure the mechanism is safe to use and it is. The device is a piece of precision equipment accurate to 0.2mm no man can depress his accelerator to the same place every time he puts his foot on the accelerator so the saving is gained because most people push the accelerator down too far, this device removes the stress of having to concentrate when you driving as it does it for you automatically.

Kind regards

Anthony
FuelSavingDevice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
control, cruise, device, fuel, saving

« New to Fuelly! | Hi »