Greetings from North Carolina - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cool Greetings from North Carolina

So I've actually been using Fuelly for a year now but I didn't realize there was a forum so this is more of me saying hello to the forums

Currently I'm tracking two vehicles on Fuelly. My 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD and my 2005 Golf TDI. Both vehicles are diesels and both are automatic. The Golf is new to me, I just got it a week ago today.

My mileage in my Jeep Liberty is really good when I'm not pulling cars, or boats, etc, I'm getting between 25.5 ~ 28.5 mpg which really depends on the weather. Even when I'm pulling a car or boat I'm still getting between 20 ~ 22 mpg so I have no complaints at all. I love my Jeep Liberty! I'm running an Eco-Tune from Green Diesel Engineering. Great tune, really makes the Jeep fantastic!

In my Golf TDI I've only done one tank so far, but I got 42mpg and I just installed an tune from Green Diesel Engineering so I'm expecting to go up a bit, hoping to get close to 50mpg

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself to everyone!

Thanks
Grant

disjaukifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:22 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hi welcome. Nice to see someone in the US realising the benefits of diesel!

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:14 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Hi welcome. Nice to see someone in the US realising the benefits of diesel!
Hahah yup. I've told everyone in my family I would never own a gas power engine again. I got the Liberty out of necessity to fit my family in it and have it be able to pull my trailers as well. Honest truth I didn't like the shape at first but the Liberty really grew on me. Also being 6'5", I fit very well in the Liberty. It's also nice to go to the beach with my kids and have all our stuff in the trunk and get 28mpg on the way to and back from the beach!

-Grant
Old 01-30-2015, 09:50 AM   #4
Registered Member

It's not bad for a large vehicle. Most of the Jeeps this side of the Pond are diesels, a freind of mine gets over 40 MPG in his on the highway, Cherokee. And the VW diesel is a great unit too, someone got 97 MPG (about 80 MPG US) recently on a 1000 mile road trip!

Old 01-30-2015, 10:22 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
It's not bad for a large vehicle. Most of the Jeeps this side of the Pond are diesels, a freind of mine gets over 40 MPG in his on the highway, Cherokee. And the VW diesel is a great unit too, someone got 97 MPG (about 80 MPG US) recently on a 1000 mile road trip!
Yeah I could get more mpg out of my Jeep if I had better road tires, I have all terrain tires so I can drive the Jeep anywhere but also my tires are rated for a high load weight which also increase the weight of the tires as well. Also it would help if I took over all the skid plates but to me I'd rather have the protection because I'm not always on pavement.

Yeah I saw the article this morning about the VW getting 97mpg but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. If I can get over 50mpg I'll be really happy!

-Grant
Old 01-30-2015, 02:15 PM   #6
Registered Member

Well you can't have everything I guess, I've toyed with the idea of swapping my 17" wheels for 15" as they add about 10% to my fuel figures. But then the 17" just look right. You have to compromise sometimes

Old 01-30-2015, 04:52 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Well you can't have everything I guess, I've toyed with the idea of swapping my 17" wheels for 15" as they add about 10% to my fuel figures. But then the 17" just look right. You have to compromise sometimes
Yeah I'm leaving the 16" rims and the nice all-terrain tires on the Liberty because they let me go anywhere I need to honestly, but the TDI is going to live with 15" for the fuel benefits . . . also I happen to like the look of them as well
Old 01-31-2015, 05:56 PM   #8
Registered Member

Diesel FTW!

Wish we didn't have to worry about urea or SCR setups though.
Jcp385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:17 AM   #9
Registered Member

It just means we have cleaner diesels.
Europe will go to them in time if they want to keep using them.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:59 PM   #10
Registered Member

Funny you should mention that, I checked out BMW's UK website earlier and I noticed they are using adblue for some diesels now. First time i've heard of it being used here.