Greetings from Programmer - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-29-2007, 08:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

Greetings from Programmer

Hey guys, it's been quite a while since posting or being here. I don't think I originally introduced myself.
Born and raised in southern Alberta, Canada--where we get all weather extremes- 40+C to -40C, your best lacquer paint finishes crack because of how fast the weather can change.

Got into ECU remapping because of our business in automotive repair which began in 1985, trying to repair the unrepairable--and has expanded rapidly into the aftermarket. I don't know if I can say much more than that not being a vendor supporter ?

Basic discoveries about the closed loop system have yielded information that can be quite useful here--and typically the only methods of gaining mileage will be from remapping the original factory ECU from what we monitor on the chassis dyno. I won't have a ton of time to spend here, but you can always email me at nwester@eidnet.org if you have questions about what we do.

For example--I own a couple vehicles with the following changes...

2004 LLY Duramax (factory mileage 16-17 mpg--no consistently above 24mpg highway). I think with some careful mapping, I can get it up to 30...
2001 Corvette (OEM mileage 26-27 mpg, custom programmed -- 33-34 mpg highway) Fun car to drive...and to test with.
My wifes 2005 Yukon originally got 18-19 mpg -- consistently 24-26 mpg highway)

Want to wish you all a Great New Years !

Programmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to pyramid_head
Greetings, my fuel saving brother! LOL! Keep in touch, and we hope to hear from you again! And Happy New Year to you too!!!! (from L.A.)

Old 01-01-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

Welcome. If you get a chance to post some of your remapping data, i think alot of members here would be interested. Knowing the A/F ratios you have experimented with and what kind of mileage increases would be great knowledge.
mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote