Hello - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-20-2006, 07:01 AM   #31
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
Compaq, I don't understand your arguement. The Accord gets better mileage so you're going to buy the camry instead and pump of the tires? Despite what you may think, air in the tires is not some 20% FE improvement bullet, neither is weight reduction, and for you who won't reduce ride comfort I don't know what weight reduction you plan on doing? 20 pounds taking out the spare and then what? 1000$ for a custom CF hood on a brand new car, saving another 15 pounds?

Worrying about how fast your cars go 0-60 will not get your good city mileage...
__________________

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:04 AM   #32
Registered Member
 
Compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,460
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Compaq, I don't understand your arguement. The Accord gets better mileage so you're going to buy the camry instead and pump of the tires? Despite what you may think, air in the tires is not some 20% FE improvement bullet, neither is weight reduction, and for you who won't reduce ride comfort I don't know what weight reduction you plan on doing? 20 pounds taking out the spare and then what? 1000$ for a custom CF hood on a brand new car, saving another 15 pounds?

Worrying about how fast your cars go 0-60 will not get your good city mileage...
Some people want power and mpg. Getting a car for power and another for mpg would be a real hassle. It's better to have a 2 in 1 package.
__________________

__________________

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:10 AM   #33
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
22 city is not good FE, neither is 31 highway, and neither is epa over estimation for average drivers by 20%. The fact that cars keep getting worse FE is a testiment to the fact that drivers do not want FE as much as they want do go 0-60 in their family sedan in 4.5 seconds.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:15 AM   #34
Registered Member
 
Compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,460
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
22 city is not good FE, neither is 31 highway, and neither is epa over estimation for average drivers by 20%. The fact that cars keep getting worse FE is a testiment to the fact that drivers do not want FE as much as they want do go 0-60 in their family sedan in 4.5 seconds.
My car is 22/30 and I'm at 30mpg mixed. I't just that my 0-60 is 9 seconds
__________________

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:18 AM   #35
|V3|2D
 
thisisntjared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,186
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
how the hell are we talking about your car? this isnt even close to being about your car.

its amazing how this has gotten off topic. compaq, give it up. for 4k more the accord is better than the camry. some people have the 4k some people dont. gonavy can afford it and he will reap the benefits.

not to mention the accord weighs more so it probably has a more comfortable ride.
__________________
don't waste your time or time will waste you
thisisntjared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:32 AM   #36
Registered Member
 
Compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,460
Country: United States
It has every feature. V6 engine, leather seats, heated seats, nice dash, lighweight wheels, more power, and etc.

I guess he got a good deal.
__________________

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 11:14 AM   #37
|V3|2D
 
thisisntjared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,186
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
It has every feature. V6 engine, leather seats, heated seats, nice dash, lighweight wheels, more power, smoother ride, nicehandling great mpg.

he got a good deal.
i fixed it
__________________
don't waste your time or time will waste you
thisisntjared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 11:59 AM   #38
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
It has every feature. V6 engine, leather seats, heated seats, nice dash, lighweight wheels, more power, and etc.

I guess he got a good deal.
and 40mpg with no sweat on the hwy to boot.
__________________

GasSavers_gonavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Howdy all | Hi! »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.