Hello - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-18-2006, 04:01 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello

Hi there-

Accord hybrid driver here, longtime poster @ GH and cleanmpg. Nice to see some familiar names here too!

GasSavers_gonavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:24 AM   #2
*shrug*

Hi there!

You came in with the big site change, it's going to take some getting used to for me,

How is the accord hybrid? Worth the extra buck?

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:30 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Hi there!

You came in with the big site change, it's going to take some getting used to for me,

How is the accord hybrid? Worth the extra buck?
extra buck, ROFL. The car is 30k.
It gets 25/34 which is basically a 4 cylender accord. The only difference is the hybrid is quicker. I had a chance to drive, it was good. I also had a chance to test drive the 07 camry. It's 22/31, which is almost the same mpg but it's quicker, cheaper, and looks really good. There is no way it gets 29/37 like they stated because the next year they changed the numbers to 25/34, and the only thing they changed was the rear styling. Sorry to shoot you down like that but the accord hybrid was the worst hybrid I have ever seen.

Welcome to gassavers

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:20 AM   #4
Registered Member

welcome, gonavy.

looks like you somehow came in through the peanut gallery instead of the main entrance!
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:43 AM   #5
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
welcome to gassavers. we are all really awesome here! so youll fit right in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
It gets 25/34 which is basically a 4 cylender accord. The only difference is the hybrid is quicker. I had a chance to drive, it was good. I also had a chance to test drive the 07 camry. It's 22/31, which is almost the same mpg but it's quicker, cheaper, and looks really good. There is no way it gets 29/37 like they stated because the next year they changed the numbers to 25/34, and the only thing they changed was the rear styling. Sorry to shoot you down like that but the accord hybrid was the worst hybrid I have ever seen.
but honda > toyota.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:29 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared
welcome to gassavers. we are all really awesome here! so youll fit right in.but honda > toyota.
but $23,000, low 14 second car, reliable as hell, manumatic 6 speed or auto 6 speed > $30000 car, not as reliable, might need a battery pack change, high 14's/low 15's car, auto only 5 speed

Old 05-18-2006, 09:42 AM   #7
Registered Member

Thanks for the welcome, mostly?

Quote:

Welcome to gassavers
To each their own. I thought the site was about sving gas no matter what you drive. If I want this garbage I'll stay at GH.

I love my HAH. Before attacking, it might be worthwhile to feel me out first. I am forever upset that Honda could not put IMA on the I4 version in its current incarnation, and I think Honda royally screwed the marketing (such as it was) for it. I intend to shift to a Fusion as soon as they are available.

And I paid $27.5; exactly what I was able/willing to pay for whatever I was going to buy. At any rate, I am getting far better mileage than I would be in any other car I would've bought. It was time to reward myself with something larger and nicer to drive than a Cavalier that I had been in for 10 trusty years.

I refer you to my tank logs on GH:
http://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage/car/859.html

I drive an 05, and I regularly turn in 500+ mile tanks at over 37mpg. Try that in any other vehicle its size built at the time. No FASing or anything exotic. The HAH is a highway beast, which perfectly matches 80% of my driving.

Its pointless to say a particular car won't hit its EPA- we all know the exact problems with the test, and why hybrids are particularly acutely affected. Don't try to pull a blanket argument over.

The 06 got downscoped because the added coupla hundred # curb weight pushed it into the next intertia category for the EPA dyno settings. It matches the 05 in real life, however.

Do some research before coming at a new member with all barrels blazing. Especially when they provoked nothing.
GasSavers_gonavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:53 AM   #8
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonavy
Do some research before coming at a new member with all barrels blazing. Especially when they provoked nothing.
I like you

My boss actually owns an accord hybrid, and he loves it. Sure, it's not a Honda Insight, but not everyone wants a tiny microcar as their daily driver.

From where I sit those Accords are NIIICE! Luxury to the max. Maybe I'm also just comparing them to the 1988 Accords I see in the junkyard. How was THAT ever considered luxury?

Anyway, welcome to the site. Tell your friends, your family, etc. etc.

Just FYI, I'm going to finish up the gaslog feature soon on this site. We had a working one here until recently when the site changed servers/software last night. I'm toying with the idea of adding a function to import your tanklog from GH or other sites. Stay tuned.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:59 AM   #9
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
he was coming back at me because i dont worship toyota :P i dont think he meant to attack you. he tried pushing the toyota argument on my first post as well, but i didnt want to offend him before so i didnt respond. compaq: i am just poking fun

Quote:
but $23,000, low 14 second car, reliable as hell, manumatic 6 speed or auto 6 speed > $30000 car, not as reliable, might need a battery pack change, high 14's/low 15's car, auto only 5 speed
i dont care if its manumatic or auto, its still no dsg, smgII, or stick so it still sucks.

your cost is inflated as pointed out by our military man but still, you get what you pay for. to say honda isnt as reliable as toyota is like arguing that milano red is more red than candy apple red.

slow down before you start establishing which is better in the quarter mile, such a small difference in ets can totally be offset by the driver.

you might be right about the battery pack change, but thats still 'might', not a certainty.

now for the pros on the honda that are over looked. ive driven the new camry as a rental car and i was sorely disappointed with its handling ability. under normal driving the wheels were ready to spin while turning. this was very upsetting. now i havent driven the accord hybrid however i have been in a good amount of the newer accords and the handling seemed about average to me.

dont misunderstand me though, i still regard toyota as a major industry leader and if honda didnt exist i would be supporting toyota much more fully, but from my experience with the camry and celica i decided honda comes out on top. if i sound condescending it is unintentional. i just wish to correct some a bias in the nicest way possible.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:11 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonavy
Thanks for the welcome, mostly?

To each their own. I thought the site was about sving gas no matter what you drive. If I want this garbage I'll stay at GH.

I love my HAH. Before attacking, it might be worthwhile to feel me out first. I am forever upset that Honda could not put IMA on the I4 version in its current incarnation, and I think Honda royally screwed the marketing (such as it was) for it. I intend to shift to a Fusion as soon as they are available.

And I paid $27.5; exactly what I was able/willing to pay for whatever I was going to buy. At any rate, I am getting far better mileage than I would be in any other car I would've bought. It was time to reward myself with something larger and nicer to drive than a Cavalier that I had been in for 10 trusty years.

I refer you to my tank logs on GH:
http://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage/car/859.html

I drive an 05, and I regularly turn in 500+ mile tanks at over 37mpg. Try that in any other vehicle its size built at the time. No FASing or anything exotic. The HAH is a highway beast, which perfectly matches 80% of my driving.

Its pointless to say a particular car won't hit its EPA- we all know the exact problems with the test, and why hybrids are particularly acutely affected. Don't try to pull a blanket argument over.

The 06 got downscoped because the added coupla hundred # curb weight pushed it into the next intertia category for the EPA dyno settings. It matches the 05 in real life, however.

I did my research about it. As a matter of fact the dealer 10 miles from my house sold them for 26.5k
If I knew you wanted the I4 accord hybrid I wouldn't have critizied you. The 05 accord is a great car. My dad own the 05 accord 4 cylender. I've driven it on 2 occasions. It has power all over the rpm board. Due to my car's Iron block engine and a bad match up of gears my power only starts at 1700rpm.

« Howdy all | Hi! »