Hello all! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all!

Hello all!

Long story. I noticed that gas prices have been going down and the there are some stations that are selling gas really cheap and others 20+ cents more. For example, I was driving from Niles, IL and filled up my tank at BP for 2.19. Then, I drove to Skokie, which is just the next city and the gas at Marathon was a 2.49 - wow! So, I checked have been checking online for 1) why gas prices have been going down and 2) what locations are they cheapest. Since I drive around all day anyway, why not gas up at the cities where the gas is cheapest?

Anyway, I was checking online and saw your forum here and thought that the topics discussed here are important to me, so here I am!

bdukes2962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:14 PM   #2
Registered Member

Hello Welcome. There are a few topics on here about fuel prices and the reasons they keep rising and falling, i'm sure you'll find your answer

But if you think 20 cents per gallon is a big difference, check out the difference in the UK, the cheapest gas in the UK is currently $7.08, the most expensive premium gas is $11.34, that's an epic $4.25 difference!

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:32 AM   #3
Registered Member

oh wow ... looking at a $4 difference is already bad ... multiply that to the # of gallons you purchase, you must cry every time. I would!
bdukes2962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #4
Registered Member

Well luckily where I live the fuel prices are just above average and don't fluctuate much. Its the gas stations located on the highways known as "service stations" that seem the most expensive, where they know people travelling long distances are forced to fill up, or where sales reps travelling the country are more likely to fill up, usually paid for by the company theyre working for

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote