Hello all - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-27-2015, 05:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all

New to fuelly and looking forward to a whole different side to motoring.

stiggy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:09 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hello and welcome

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:10 AM   #3
Registered Member

H Draigflag

Thanks for the welcome. Like the Clio pic and will be looking at your Facebook pic page. The combo of the red and those black mags awesome. What I would like to know is how you manage to get 4.6 l/100km or 62MPG in your language? Amazing stuff. The car has to be part of the equation but clearly the driving style must have a lot to do with it.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:18 AM   #4
Registered Member

Amazing pictures on Facebook. Lucky to live where you do!
Old 08-27-2015, 08:17 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thank you for the comments, although parts of SA are pretty stunning too, from what I hear anyway. The 62 MPG figure is UK MPG which is about 18% larger than the US MPG, so depending what you're used to, it works out at about 50 US MPG. Small French diesels are probably the most efficient in the World, but the figures I am getting are not great, I do a lot of short journeys during the week and I don't really try too hard as diesels generally get good MPG anyway. There is someone else on fuelly with the same car regularly getting over 80 MPG, which is less than 3 litres/100km! I'm assuming most of thier driving is on the highway.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:32 AM   #6
Registered Member

Well those figures are mind boggling. My brother's wife drives a C3 Citroen diesel and she gets incredible milage around town. No highway driving and consumption mostly in the 4.5l/100km range. Read your post on the hybrid forum where (I think it was you) the idea of using diesels with hybrid technology seemed like a good idea. The Infiniti Q50S hybrid that I have has a whopping 3.5 litre V6 which has incredible performance but the hybrid part is very effective in getting the average consumption down. This whole concept new to me. My commute is to the airport and back about twenty times a month. At 130km/h on the highway I am getting 6l/100km which seems to be good to me.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:24 PM   #7
Registered Member

That's not bad at all for a large hybrid. The majority of hybrids I see here don't offer much in terms of economy, not when compared to thier diesel equivalents which are usually cheaper to buy. There are a few diesel hybrids, but again, the economy just isn't there. Maybe with the extra weight of the motor and larger batteries and everything that comes with a hybrid adds to much weight, and therefore compromises the efficiency, I don't know. I don't have much experience with hybrids thus far!

Old 08-28-2015, 04:57 AM   #8
Registered Member

Think you hit the nail on the head there. If fuel economy is the overriding factor, I would venture to say that some of the newer generation diesels are definitely the way to go. If one had to compare the Prius, for example, to your car, I don't think there would be much in it. My motivation behind the Q50S hybrid was to have the performance without the 16l/100km and so far it seems to be delivering that. Still new to me (3 months). Will keep you posted.