hello, awesome idea for a site!!! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
hello, awesome idea for a site!!!

hey, i found this site through some dudes sig on honda-tech or something. what a great idea!! ive been doing crap to my 94 civic cx for a while to make it more fun to drive and auto-x while keeping it suitable as a daily driver.

anyway im stoked to learn more through this site. how long has it been around???

Old 03-20-2006, 09:29 PM   #2
Driving on E

Hey Jared... or, not Jared.

Hey Jared... or, not Jared.

This site has been here since September. It's a constant work in progress, and I think that's a good thing. We're constantly (albeit slowly) adding new features and tayloring the site to our needs. If you have any suggestions feel free to ask.

We'd all love to hear more about your Civic CX. For those who don't know, the CX has a small obd1 8-valve engine. It probably weighs around 2000lbs stock. It's the obd1 equivilant of the CRX HF.

I hope to see much more of you around Jared.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:59 PM   #3
|V3|2D

the site is really great! i

the site is really great! i just logged a bunch of my statistics ive had since the beginning of the year.

i do have a good many modifications to the car to boost its performance/efficiency.

the main killer of my mpg is the d16z6 swap(1.6 sohc vtec), but it had 100k less miles than my good old 8 valve motor and i picked it up for the price of a new clutch, which was also bad on the d15b8(old motor).

ive done a bunch of little tweaks to aid my daily driving of 70miles a day. the major ones were cutting off the lower 4 inches of my rear bumper, blocking off the drivers side of the grill(no a/c but i must take this off for auto-x), oem lip, foglights(the shroud makes the bumper more flush). there are a bunch of minor mods to cut down in weight further, like hx rims and a 12lb. lawn mower battery from walmart.

i plan on making an undertray when i have spare time trust me ill be around this site. and i have a buddy whos going to love it, as he is a mpg nut as well.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:05 PM   #4
Driving on E

I currently have a 1989

I currently have a 1989 Civic sedan, and I'll be testing an easy experiment soon that you might be able to do on your CX (assuming you have the old parts still).

I will be using the CX/VX/HX/STD/HF exhaust manifold on my DX engine. The whole idea is that a relocated o2 sensor (it being relocated closer to the cylinder head) will give faster readings, and will therefore allow the engine to compensate faster. With any luck we'll see a 1mpg improvement as a result.

By any chance are you still using your CX exhaust manifold after the z6 swap?
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:20 PM   #5
|V3|2D

i did the swap a year ago

i did the swap a year ago and my father scrapped it while i was out at my fiancees house for the week. i was really annoyed since i wanted to pull some sensors off and maybe use the exhaust manifold for a junkyard turbo setup. well the only thing i have left from the cx motor is the map sensor, which was the first thing i pulled.

the o2 sensor theory seems interesting, even if you only net +.5mpg every little bit helps. i think there are probably 40 things you can do to get +.2 to +.8 mpg but probably only 2-4 things that will give you +3 to +4 mpg. its the combination of all that will really push the envelope of efficiency.

on a side note, do the obd0 civics run the single wire o2 sensor? i remember converting my car to the 4 wire and adding the vtec... that was fun. anyway i would imagine the 4 wire would be mildly more efficient during the warm up period, and if the car is started twice a day and only driven 20 minutes each way, thats between 20%-25% of the driving. to support your theory, i think if it is closer to the head, it will also warm up faster cutting down in this respect as well if it is unheated.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #6
*shrug*

Quote:on a side note, do the

Quote:
on a side note, do the obd0 civics run the single wire o2 sensor?
Yep they do!

I have seen you on h-t a few times, but many many times on northeast hondas, welcome and enjoy your stay!

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote