Hello from Cali (Bay Area) - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-26-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_bigrod Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_bigrod
Hello from Cali (Bay Area)

What's up folks. I just joined this forum after lurking for about a month. You guys have a good thing going on here .

I live in the East Bay Area in Ca. I'm a Lab technician in the medial field now but I used to work full time at a friend's speed shop. I still work there on weekends so I'm fairly knowledgable when it comes to cars. I own 2 nissan 240sx's one is pushing 400rwhp. A friend of mine is heavily into Dodge (Cummins) diesels and VW TDI's. I've helped him convert his cars into veggie burners so I know the basics. I hope to provide my input and learn new things on this forum.

I've been on the hunt for a VX for a while and ended up coming accross a clean 94 SI. I bought it from the original owner, older lader probably in her 50's. The car is completely stock and all service done at the dealer. I got it for a steal at $1500. I couldn't pass it up... its a ricer's dream. Almost like the muscle car guys finding a cherry car in some old lady's barn. This thing is totally untouched.

I plan on keeping the car mostly stock appearance wise. I want to do some mild suspension work to improve the handling a little. Everything else is going to be general maintenance to keep this thing running forever. My first tank gave me 33mpg and I was pretty hard the the gas pedal. On this tank I'm using the driving techniques found here to see how I can improve. Down the line I want to swap in a VX motor. Are there any good write-ups on this swap?

MPG>MPH
GasSavers_bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
DRW
Registered Member

Welcome! There's quite a few members in the Bay Area. Check this out: http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=4483