Hello, from Gary - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #11
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
i was on h-t last night and saw the ef cx mentioned again, it exists, i swear.

i told someone they were a 92 thing and was made fun of cuz he owned one...
I think they are wrong. He could be thinking of the STD, but the CX didn't exist until 92.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:57 PM   #12
*shrug*

Notice the spark plugs that fit the 88-91 civic cx: http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-A...g-no-23952.htm

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #14
*shrug*

I just picked the first thing that came up on google. I'm coming to think the STD is called the CX by some, mehbe it had different names elsewhere (like the CRX Del Sol), *shrug*

I'm wrong.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:22 PM   #15
Registered Member

I hope I don't come off as being pushy or anything - I really do not mean it that way. It very well could be called CX in other markets - and there may have even been an EDM or JDM version that we in the states just haven't heard about. But as far as the USDM market, I am 99.9% sure it doesn't exist.

I'll bet I've been wrong more times that right on so many things. That's how we learn.

GasSavers_civicminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:24 PM   #16
*shrug*

No, you weren't pushy, I decided after I posted that that since it didn't list the STD is prolly meant the CX as the STD, *shrug*
Old 06-02-2006, 04:36 PM   #17
Registered Member

SVOboy:

My 89 wagon is only a 5 speed 2 wheel drive, with the 1.5 L DPFI fuel system.

I would have liked to get the 4 wheel drive, with the 6 speed, but I was primarily looking for something with 4 door's and that would get reasonably decent mileage. Iit was getting to be really the pit's everytime I bought gas because it seemed like I had just visited their so recently. In looking at epa ratings as a reference point, the 4 wheel drive model seemed to get 27, at best, while the 2 wheel drive seemed to be capable of getting more like 32, from what I recall.

Like all of you, I think, my budget is tight already and here in Ventura gas was at $3.39 over last weekend and it's now back down to $3.29.

I've thought about the 6 speed because of the granny gear, but the overall output has the engine running at a pretty high rpm, even in 5th gear. From what I've read here and what I've experienced, it seem's that as a general rule, the lower the rpm you can get away with and still move forward, the better your mileage is going to be, so for now I am using what I've got and just trying to get the most out of it I can.

Have you finished wiring up your new motor and transmission, yet?

Thanks, Gary
Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:42 PM   #18
*shrug*

Indeed, I have. No new motor though, just tranny, I'll do a head swap in due time.

Anyway, the 6 speed sucks, it's basically a short-geared 5 speed with the 6th gear being the 0th gear, which is for starting up with a huge load, basically.