Hello from Oregon - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-03-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello from Oregon

I was driving a '93 Geo metro 1L 4dr 5spd a year ago. I rescued it from the blackberries and breathed life back into it by rebuilding the engine and generally restoring it. My friends thought I was crazy. I told them it was my dream car. I dearly loved it and I never spared my efforts to keep it running great. I was one with the car.
Then one day my old daddy gave me his '76 Porsche 911. He's pushing 80yrs old and couldn't get in or out of it easily and it was taking up space in the garage that my step mother wanted so.....Blessing or Curse I took the little green (in paint color only) car home to see if I could bond with it. The caviat was that if I ever decided I didn't like the Porsche that I was to give it back. (and let my sisters have it?...not in this life.)
I had too many vehicles at that point and since my wife wasn't about to give up her new Sonata to drive the Geo and I can't part with my old chevy street rod pickup or my motorcycle.
Bye Bye Geo..sold to a friend in AZ who routinely calls me to brag about how nice it's running for him.
Lately I've been applying gas saving driving techniques to the Pcar to see if I can afford to drive it. It's been a challenge this last year educating myself to work on a somewhat vintage air cooled sports car but I'm starting to get in the zone. This is a truely different type of automobile.
I'm here to sharpen my techique and learn. Learn what? I don't know....Otherwise it wouldn't be learning....uuuuyyyyeaaahh!
Thanks for having me!
I miss my Metro
gungadin is offline   Reply With Quote