Hello Group! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #11
Site Team / Moderator

I only upgraded my alternator to a 165 amp. I don't think I have enough juice to power a supercollider...

Aluminum into H2... another use for those empties! No honey, I'm not "just" drinking again... I'm preparing fuel for the car! Now quit yer complainin' and hand me another beer please.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:28 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
Aluminum into H2... another use for those empties! No honey, I'm not "just" drinking again... I'm preparing fuel for the car! Now quit yer complainin' and hand me another beer please.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #13
Site Team / Moderator

Thanks... I see now. I use Mr Fusion to power the supercollider which will convert my empties into H2 which will get me a 10% gain in economy if I'm lucky?

Did I get the $64,000 question right?

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:04 AM   #14
Registered Member

Beef if I had the time I think I'd give the EFIE and HHO a try, because you never know. I'm not too worried about leaning out the EFIE, most engines have good knock sensors and will retard back if you go too far. I would definately go very little at a time though.

The most common thing to happen would be knocking and while this is bad under load or over a long period of time, you'll be watching for an expecting it, so it won't blow up your engine. The worst thing I could imagine happening would be the H2 exploding the whole thing before TDC and twisting a crank or breaking a con rod, but this isn't that much different than pinging so I don't think I'd worry about that too much either. Plus we'll never make enough H2 to explode that quickly. Even 2L/min is far less than 3-5% of the charge, right?
itjstagame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:44 AM   #15
Registered Member

for myself (and this is just for me)

I have a car with 175K+ miles on it
it is also paid off
it gets over 45% over EPA
it has a salvaged title
tax value of it is $700
and it runs good.

I don't want to have to rebuild it or be forced to replace it. I do want to replace it but I want to have time to decide what I want and not be forced into a deal. all this and there aren't any proven results to HHO. there are proven results with the EFIE which makes you run lean (there are people that have just done that alone without the HHO).

if anyone wants to play with HHO then that is fine but know the risks and know the results of others which are hard to find. many have claimed a drop in MPG other simply disappear.....or talk about outrageous gains and then post their website selling THEIR design. you see where I am going with that one.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote